Chapter Twenty-Two

"You Can't Always Get What You Want"

I was sat in the living room with Paige in my arms, she had a restless night and would go to sleep so I'd been up most of the night

I was sat in the living room with Paige in my arms, she had a restless night and would go to sleep so I'd been up most of the night. Not that I minded that much considering I couldn't really sleep myself, and at three a.m. I took her with me into the living room, and since then I had been writing in my note book, for my music. I write songs mostly as a hobby, I can even play the guitar but I've never really thought about taking my music any where because I had stage fright, meaning I could preform in front of anyone unless it was Nathan.

"Every night I watch you sleep, peace and dreams I hope you'll keep, until your death, with your last bre. .-" I trailed off as I put my pen down on the table and started to rock Paige because she started to cry a little. "-. .brea. . breath." I really just couldn't find the way that I wanted it to go.

"Are you writing a song or are you planning to kill me?" I looked over at my husband who was sat in the kitchen at the island eating his breakfast, and I smiled at him.

"Well, officially I've been writing a new song. . and unofficially, you should probably sleep with one eye open." I teased, and Nathan laughed at me. I picked up a newspaper article that I had printed off last night, that was beside me on the couch and walked over to Nathan. "By the way, I found a new car on the internet. . it's great." I said.

"Hm, well define great." He said.

"Six hundred bucks, great, which is actually forty less then what we have saved in the wish dish. So we can probably spring for a full tank on gas." I said, while I was making Paige a bottle, and we both laughed.

"Well, you know. . my wish was more along the lines of TIVO surround sound." He said.

"Well, a car will get you off the bus before Keith fires you for being late." I said, as I took his spoon from he and begun eating his cereal and he rolled his eyes at me, but still held his smile. "Please, just at least look at it? If it's a piece of junk we'll keep looking." I said.

"Okay." He replied.

"Deal?"

"Deal."

I then leaned over and kissed his cheek before I walked back over to Paige's bottle and took it out of the again of cold water and testing it before I gave it to her. I then turned around and looked at my husband. "And you should probably check the truck, to make sure body can fit into it, you know. . just in case." I teased, and I gave him a wink. Nathan laughed as he got off his stool and walked over to me and pressed his lips against mine.