Chapter 20

—————————————————————
{Setting: Twice's dorm, Seoul}
{Date: 21|01|2020}
—————————————————————
[Third Person POV]
—————————————————————
"It all started back in 2015..."

The girls leaned forward, "When PDnim offered me a chance to become an idol. I... hesitated. I mean, I was just a 12 year old that time. Being an idol... fascinated me. So I accepted."

She took in a shaky breath, "But, when we announced it to my parents, they-" She paused, she can't. She can't do this- she mentally slapped herself. I'm way too deep in already. I can't back out now. She sighed.

"They weren't as excited or supportive as I thought they'd be." Her members were listening intensely. Hey! It isn't their fault that their maknae was opening up about her parents for the first time.

"To be honest, I didn't really want to become an idol in the first place." The girls looked at her, confused. But before they can open her mouth, Jae Hwa continued, "I only accepted to escape my home. I was never allowed to go outside ever since I came to Korea. It was so lonely." Her voice wavered.

"We had a huge argument with PDnim watching, and I left with him after. That was the last time I ever saw them." The girls feel bad for her.

"I never expected to reach this far at all. But just when I thought things got better, Fate decided otherwise. Dispatch found some things about us." Some girls got nervous at this.

Jae Hwa pulled out the pictures and the voice recorder that her Ahjussi let her keep. Once the girls saw them, they started tensing. Aside from Mina of course.

"Jihyo unnie, they found out you were dating. See for yourself if you don't believe me." The others checked the pictures, which confirmed the youngest's words. The older members look at Jihyo in disapproval.

Dahyun then pointed at the voice recorder out of curiosity. "What about that?" Jae Hwa however, blanked her face. Suddenly, Tzuyu felt very, very nervous for some reason.

"Why don't you check it yourself." Was all the youngest said.

Chaeyoung took it, and played the start button. Startled when they heard Tzuyu's voice. The others stared at Jae Hwa, nervous for Tzuyu when they heard the first few words.

"Unnies, can you help me on my feelings for Jae Hwa?"

"But what if she doesn't feel the same? What if she isn't into girls at all?"

Tzuyu's heart dropped when she heard it. She shakily glanced at the youngest for her reaction. But found a blank face in return. She held back her tears.

Jae Hwa sighed. "This is the reason why I accepted to fake date Hyunjin unnie." Now that caught everyone's attention. They all froze. With that exception of Mina, who knew of this.

"Now, I didn't want to. But if I didn't do it, then one of you would. Can you blame me for wanting to protect you guys?" They all hang their head guiltily.

Tzuyu then hopefully looked up, "Then if your only pretending to date Hyunjin-ssi, you don't really have feeling for her?" She looked at the younger hopeful.

But Jae Hwa faltered a bit, "I'm confused with my feelings. I like Tzuyu unnie, but I also feel the same like for Hyunjin unnie..." She looked conflicted.

Tzuyu felt relieved when she heard that her feelings are reciprocated, but deflated hearing that she has competition with her younger lookalike.

The elder members glanced at each other sneakily. Before Sana started smiling proudly at Jae Hwa, who looked at her confused. She then started wiping invisible tears, yelling nonsense.

"OHMAHGAD!! MY BABY IS FINALLY GROWING UP!! Heh! You naughty girl! Pining after two gorgeous girls! Even better! They look like Twins! Aside from the age, height and nationality that is- OW OK I'LL SHUT UP- YAH! OUCH! STOP-"

Jihyo slapped her repeatedly, Sana comically being thrown around the room like a rag doll. The others sweat dropped.

———————————————————————————————————————————————
(Ooh~ more drama😏 hope you enjoyed this chapter.)
- Sincerely Author-nim ❤️