Part 8

Alexis sighed it wasn't Lando just Sophie, she wanted to bang her phone Lando didn't even read her message. Alexis was frustrated but decided to read Sophie's message.

@Sophierb

I'm still waiting...

Where is my follow

Calm down

I didn't even ask, I will I promise

But I can't guaranty you anything

Alright

Be prepare to never see me again

No worry, I'm fully prepared for that

The two friends just met this year, but it seemed that they knew each other for years now. Alexis continued checking her emails, while doing that she mumbled "Valtteri Bottas"

"Are you ok?" Alexis started when she heard Carlos's voice "I'm worrying, you keep talking to yourself." Alexis blushed.

"It's a game with my friend, when our phone's battery percentage is the same number as one of the drivers, we name him."

"77% then I guess" Carlos looked at her gently

"Your guess is right, should be proud!" They both started laughing.

"Can I join the conversation?" the voice made both Carlos and Alexis stopped and faced Alessandro. "What is so funny?"

"A game Alexis taught me!" Carlos said with his lovely Spanish accent. "I guess you could join."

"Fine what is it?" Alessandro looked at Carlos then at Alexis

"It's simple, when your phone's battery percent egal a driver's number just named him." Carlos replied

"Seems funny, actually." Alessandro check his phone with a smile but it quicky left his face "I guess I have to wait until it's Lance number."

"Wait it's 9 in the morning and you have less that 20%?" Alexis asked surprised

"I forget to charge it yesterday. Anyway, Thursday means media day, Carlos you have an interview with Lando." Carlos smiled at his ex-teammate's name, they were close they even had a kind of bromance.

"Nice! Noone told me I will be with Lando, I thought it was with Fernando." Carlos'smile could warm all the people that were in the room.

"Things chances really quickly here, you should know that." Alessandro was checking his phone in the same time. "Alexis come with me, Mattia is waiting for us at the pit box." Alessandro took his eyes off his phone and Alexis nodded. "Carlos see you around later" Alessandro was already leaving, Alexis grabbed an apple and waved at Carlos, Carlos waved back.

"I think Mattia will manly speak with me but be focus on every word, he could ask you some questions." Alexis nodded without saying a word, it was real the weekend was about to start for her. "Morning Mattia!"

"Morning Alessandro, and blondi girl." Alexis was too tense to react, but also Mattia was her boss so there was no way for her to argue.

"Good morning Mr.Binotto." Alessandro and Mattia started chatting about the engine, Alexis tok notes on her phone for later.

"Perfect thank you for your time Alessandro, meeting is in two hours I want the file with the analyses." Mattia left them in the pit box.

"Ok now we have some time, I will explain you the operation of all the stuff here and at the pit wall." After one hour and a half of explanations, Alexis felt ready to dive into the weekend. "Want a coffee?" Alexis didn't have the time to eat her apple earlier, she was starving and she would die for a coffee break.