Part 12

Alexis arrived at the factory on Tuesday morning, the next three weeks would be intense for all the R and D. Summer break could also be exhausting for the pilots since some of them needed a new contract, hopefully Carlos and Charles already had a contract for 2022 at Ferrari.

Alexis would continue working in the design department, she was supposed to go to the chassis one but Giulia asked Mattia for Alexis to stay with her. One day Alexis would like to occupy the same post as Giulia in a F1 team.

Alexis was so happy to be here, after one month working for Ferrari, she felt like it was home. She met new people, created new friendships, travel around Europe. Life was perfect so far!

"Alexis, would you like to join us for a design department breakfast?" Giulia asked Alexis who got into the hall.

"Sure!" Alexis smiled at her

The breakfast with the team was great, they talked about Monaco, their personal life and some will go and vacation so they spoke about their destination.

"Why going to UK for your studies?" an engineer asked Alexis

"First studies in UK are more prestigious than in France, then after my bachelor I will be bilingual, and finally I wanted to study abroad." Alexis smiled

"That is courageous from you." The engineer looks impressed

"Yes, I know that this is an asset for later. It's a huge plus!"

"Clearly, but don't you speak another language too?"

"I learn Chinese, it's hard but I do my best!"

"No way! I'm clearly impressed!" Alexis shyly smiled "It's hard, isn't it?"

"it's a tricky language, you need to know how to write it and pronounce it. But there is no conjugation and just a few grammar rules."

"Interesting."

"It's a different manner of thinking, it's very interesting!"

All the team finished their breakfast, and reach their working room to start their work day. Alexis continued her researches for the rear wing, she tried some arrangement on some simulator websites. Some were interesting, and some had to be been as fast as possible but this was how was working researches. You couldn't directly find the perfect thing, it asked  time.

"Alexis?" Giulia asked, Alexis was focused on her work and it seemed that she didn't heard Giulia "Alexis?" Alexis was still focused, so Giulia softly touch her shoulder. Alexis jumped a little bit on her chair.

"Sorry I was focused!" Alexis was a bit confused

"No worry, I saw that! I would like you to join the team which work on the rear wing for Monza. Is it ok for you?" Giulia asked Alexis

"Sure, but what about the one for 2022? It's important too!"

"I'm glad that you are such dedicated on your work, but someone will continue your work!" Alexis nodded "Now go for your lunch break, and then you will join your new team!" Giulia smiled at her and left.

Alexis reached the cafeteria for her lunch, when she entered the room she saw Alessandro on his own checking his phone. Alexis came nearer, Alessandro didn't notice her presence she sat next to him.

"Hey!" Alessandro unhooked his eyes from his phone screen

"Hey!" Alessandro said smiling at her "Still working with Giulia?"

"Yes but I'm now working for Monza and not 2022! You did you solve the engine issue from Carlos' car?"

"Nice! Giulia truly putted her trust in you! And yes, we figured it out, it was a problem with the engine mode that we used. But everything is under control now!"