Part 21

Alexis stepped in the Ferrari HQ in Maranello, she successfully finished her second year at Nottingham it was now time for the placement year. She missed all her friends, even if she saw most of them during the British Grand Prix. She was walking to reach the desk when she saw a girl waving at her.

"Alexis! So good to see you back in town! I miss you and I'm not the only one!" it was Giulia, the chef of the design department, she seemed so enthusiast to see the French girl "Come her my girl!" Giulia pulled Alexis is a hug "We need you sweety." Giulia mumbled; indeed, the results aren't satisfying since the beginning of the season, Ferrari is 4 in the constructor championship.

"It's great to be home again, can't wait to start!" Alexis was excited to be back; she loved her job and all the atmosphere around. "It was long not being able to work in the factory and being with you guys!"

Giulia stepped back to face Alexis, she took her face in her hands "You have change sweety, you are even more beautiful!" Alexis started blushing "I have two news for you, first you will start today and second Mattia want to see you first." Alexis started worrying a bit "Don't worry he just want to talk about a new contract and stuffs like these." Alexis was confused

"A new contract? For this Year?" Giulia nodded

"Yes, nothing to worry about. Go, don't make him wait!" Giulia smiled at Alexis and left her in the middle of the lobby.

Alexis walked in the building to join Mattia's office, the door was closed so she knocked and wait.

"Come in!" Alexis was a bit stressed when she heard this voice, she didn't know what to think about the meeting. Alexis shyly opened the door and got in the office. "Hello Alexis, nice to welcome you again in the factory. I hope you finish you year with success."

"Hello Mattia, it's always a pleasure to see you. The end of the year was nice, I was excited to be back with you and the team." Alexis wasn't confident at all

"Great, please take a seat." Mattia point an empty seat in front of his desk "I would like to talk about some subjects with you today. First, we will make a new contact for your placement year, basically it's going to be the same one with just one exception: your salary. I heard rumours around the paddock, and I know many teams are interested by your profile. Therefore, to be sure you will stay with us I will double your salary." Alexis was dumbstruck, she never imagined that such a situation could happen. "Some teams will surely contact you this year, so I want to be sure that you are fully satisfied at Ferrari and money won't be a raison for you to leave us." Mattia gave her the new contract "I would like you to read it again and sign it as soon as possible. You are able to work today with the previous contract but if this one can be signed for tomorrow it would be lovely." Alexis took the contact.

"Sure, it will be on your desk tomorrow morning."

"Perfect, now there is something else I would like talk about. It's clearly written on the contract and it's about other drivers, your close relationship with Lando Norris interest the press. We both know that you were the girl on the pics from Silverstone, you can't deny it." 

"And I'm not going to deny it, we were celebrating his first win in F1. We were just eating ice-creams on a bench." Alexis said

"I'm sure it was full of good intentions Alexis, but don't forget that if there are too much rumours about you being together you are fired. This is not what I want and I'm sure this is not what you want, live your life but be careful Alexis I'm not going to give you a second chance if something happened." Mattia was fixing her

"Understood." Alexis replied

"Fine, you have a lot of work to do now for next weekend. We need to be strong in Bahrein."