Part 17

Alexis was ready to celebrate Christmas with her family, it had always been her favourite time of the year. She loved the atmosphere at that time of the year, the family fever and the joy everywhere. Even if Alexis had a complicated relation with her mother she loved to be reunited for Christmas. Alexis was trying her best to forgive her but it was still hard, even 18 years later.

Alexis heard her phone ringing, it was an unexpected call from no one but Mattia. Why was he calling on Christmas day?

"Hi Mattia!" Alexis wasn't sure why he was calling her, was it for bad reasons or good ones?

"Hi Alexis! How are you"

"I'm fine thank you, and you?"

"I'm fine, first merry Christmas to you and your family."

"Thank you Mattia merry Christmas to you as well" Alexis knew that it didn't sounds good

"I would like to talk about your placement year, I saw some leaked pics of you and Lando in Monaco, Netherland and more recently in west London. Can you give me some explanations?" His voice was still calm, was it a good sign or not?

"Effectively we enjoyed some evenings together, he is a great friend and we know how to separate privacy from work." Alexis tried her best but she knew something was going on

"And how do you explain a photo of you kissing in Netherland?" Mattia wanted more from the French girl.

"This picture might be fake since we never kiss, we are just two friends such as Pierre and Charles or Lando and George. They both are drivers from different teams and they are friends in real life so why Lando and I can't be friends?"

"As you said they are both drivers, you are an engineer and that is the point. You sign a contract where it was clearly written than you are not able to date someone from another team, I believe you Alexis but be careful. If there is any more problems you will be fired, which is a shame for us since I'm sure you will easily find a job in another team."

"Is that a contact ban?"

"Yes and no, you can see and talk to each other but if there are any persistent rumours about you two dating, it won't be good for you Alexis. Did you get it?"

"Absolutely Mattia."

"Good, now sorry for calling you on that day. Have a lovely Christmas Alexis."

"Merry Christmas Mattia." Alexis was on the verge of tears, she didn't know what to do tell Lando speak with her family. Alexis was lost with the situation, she didn't want to celebrate Christmas anymore. She decided that it was better to speak with Lando.

@landonorris

Can I call you, it's a kind of an emergency?

Alexis didn't want to worry him but she needed to tell him clearly that it was a serious discussion.

Alexis tried to enjoy the rest of the evening but it was asking her so much effort not to cry, she didn't want to change her relationship status with Lando for some stupid leaked pics. Before going to bed she heard someone knocking at her door.

"Entrez" (Come in) It was her brother Clément, he had a present in his hands.

"C'est de la part de Lando, il me l'a donné pour toi. » (It's from Lando, he gave it to me for you.) Clément gave her the present, it was soft Alexis had an idea of what it could be so she smiled. "Tu l'aprècie?" (You like him?) Alexis nodded "C'est un mec bien." (He is a great guy) This little sentence means the world to Alexis, her brothers weren't that over protective but they truly cared about her. So, them accepting a new boy for her it was a sign. "Foire pas tout" (Don't mess up everything) Clément kissed her cheek and left the room.