Part 9

When Alexis woke up at 2 am, she realized that she felt asleep watching Netflix. Since she didn't turn off her tv, a new episode was on the tv, but from another series. She decided to finish her night in her bed, she took her blanket with her and reached the bed. All the memories from her first weekend were renting free in her head, she was happier than her.

When her alarm rang at 6 am, Alexis snoozed it she thought it was too early. She waited 6:25 am to wake up. She took her shower, drank her morning coffee and was ready the go. She knew she will have to do some analyses with Alessandro this week, she went to the garage turn on the engine of her car and drove to the Ferrari HQ.

When she reached the hall, the girl at the desk waved at her, and asked her to come over.

"This week you will be at the design department, Giulia is waiting for you." Alexis nodded at looked at the girl who indicated her the way to the design department. Alexis was really exited since this is what she wanted to do, working in the design. But when she repeated in her head the words from the girl, she realized she head Giulia. Alexis thought she would never have to deal with this girl again, anyway Alexis walked through the HQ and finally find the design department.

Alexis took a deep breath and opened the door, there were many peoples working behind screens.

"Here you are! Please don't be late tomorrow, I'm already losing my time with you so don't abuse please." When Giulia turned over, Alexis rolled her eyes. At least she said please. "Here we are trying the find the best way to maximise the flow of the air stream on the car's wall. We used simulators, programmes to try new things. Here (Giulia pointed a group of six people) they are working on the 2022 car, there (she pointed another group) they worked for the amelioration for next races, and over there (she pointed the rest of the employees) they analysed the car performance from previous races."

Giulia stopped in the middle of the place, "All the people here are either proper designer or aerodynamic engineers. Do you have a preference for any of these group? Do you want to work with all of them, please choose but do it quickly!"

Alexis thought about it, she didn't want to do the analyses since it what she did with the engine department. "I would love to work on the 2022 car!"

"Nice, they missed some people tour help could be precious. It seems you are staying here this weekend so you will work with this group at least this week. If you do a great job maybe you will be able to stay." Was it a friendly voice tone that Alexis heard from the girl? Maybe, but she guessed she will never know. 

Alexis joined the group, they started explaining her what they were doing, Alexis was now in charge of the rear wing. That make her smile since during high school she chose to work on the rear wing of an F1 for her final exam in physic. That was an advantage, she already knew some stuffs about it. Se had to do some analyses from the previous races, she didn't just analyse the Ferrari cars, but all the cars and specially the Mercedes. The silver arrows, which aren't silver anymore since Lewis fought against racism, were well known for having a strong rear wing. Providing a lot of downforces but without creating too much air resistance allowed them to have the fastest cars.

After few hours of productive works, it was lunch time, Alexis left the recherche room and joined the cafeteria. When she arrived, she saw Alessandro waiting for her next to the entrance door.

"How was your morning?" Alessandro asked her with a small smile

"I'm at the design department for the next week, working on the 2022 car, I'm developing the rear wing!" Alessandro could hear in her voice the joy and the excitement

"Look nice!" Alessandro's smile was wider

"It is!" Alexis and Alessandro went to the pasta bar