Part 18

"You need to turn right!" Alexis yelled pointing the road, Sophie brutally spined the steering weal. The girls' bodies brutally moved from a left to right in less than a second "Wow" Alexis started laughing, and so did Sophie.

"Please don't give the indication in the last 10 meters, I don't have the F1 driver's reactivity!" Sophie wanted to sounds serious but lost all her credibility since she was still laughing. "I'm not kidding! I want to attend the Grand Prix alive!"

"Alright Soph, sorry." Alexis was laughing, she even felt some tears welling up.

"No you're not!" Sophie said laughing

"True!" The two girls arrived at the VIP parking entrance, a man was checking all the pass. When he saw that they were in order he let them get in.

"Do you know where are the drivers' cars, just to park next to them?" Sophie asked looking carefully at all the cars.

"They have a specific parking, you can't park next to them." Alexis was looking for a free spot "Wait! Is that Lando's car? Ok park next to the papaya McLaren!" Alexis pointed to car so Sophie parked next to it.

"I told you! How did you know it's his car?" Sophie looked either proud and surprised

"It seems familiar, I'm not sure but it could be. Even if his car should be with the drivers' cars, maybe his brother took it. Anyway, I will see, now lets ready for FP1!" Alexis was exited, she never been to a track since last summer and she quite missed the place and all the feeling that it procured. The girls walked through the parking to reach the paddock entrance, Alexis and Sophie were VIP guest from Ferrari so they add special access for the weekend.

"WOW!" Sophie was dazzle, it was her first time at Silverstone and her first time on a F1 track. Alexis stopped before reaching the entrance and looked at Sophie.

"Soph, this is special for me." Alexis looked Sophie in the eyes "This is the first track I went to, my first memory of F1 and on the top of that my first memory of my life. Now, it will be your first F1 memory as well, so this is something we will share." Alexis started smiling at Sophie "The only thing that I can wish you now is to enjoy it as much as me." Alexis softly said and then pulled her friend in an embrace.

"I can't wait to share this with you!" Sophie mumbled in Alexis' hear, and then stepped back "shall we go!" She said with a smile, Alexis nodded and the two girls pressed their pass on the gates and got into the paddock.

Alexis felt like a fish in water, the paddock was like a second home for her. While walking through the paddock Alexis recognized some familiar faces, she couldn't wipe the smile that was on her face, she was a happy girl. Sophie was looking everywhere focusing on every detail, on everything; she was excited like a kid who opened his present for Christmas. The two girls were enjoying their present life, university was far away such as exams, the only thing that was on their minds was the Grand Prix. Since FP1 were starting in 1 hour they had time to fly around and live the moment fully, Alexis was looking for some potential friends but for the moment she only saw some mechanics. Finally Alexis saw coming on her direction a friendly face, someone she missed over the months. Once the boy was close, she started smiling and he smiled at her coming even closer.

"Hey Alexis! Nice to see you today how was the last 8 months?" George pulled her in a little hug.

"George! Actually they were great but not as fun as this summer, I miss all of this. However, I will be back in one month and a half and this time for a full year. I can't wait!" Alexis was really excited to get in this life once again "Oh! George, please meet Sophie, she is my flatmate and best friend from uni." George and Sophie both greeted each other.