06 - The Foreshadowing - Chace Alexander

Ps. I edited this chapter with a few changes to retouch Chace and Channing's interaction and their personalities.  Thank you for the supports.  Don't forget to vote, comment and share to others.

***

I walk beside her. Her steps are firm. I've been keeping my hands in my jacket pockets from holding her hands. But I can't help myself when I gradually feel her steps aren't relaxed as if we were going on rush. I take hold of her arm slowing her down.

I say. "Oi, we're not going to a war."

"Oh. It's just how I walk." She's relaxing her steps. "No one protests, why do you?" She adds.

I scoff. "Even when you go with your date? Can't you just relax?"

"None of your business." She mutters.

I pull out my hand from my pocket and wave my right hand in front of her. "See, this steady, ready-to hold hand can help you to feel relaxed." She scans my hand carefully, considering if it's safe to hold my hand.

"Aren't you in need of a little danger? Don't think! Just do!" I remind her of what she said to me before.

She takes my offered hand without hesitation. "Right! Though, it's far from considered as a danger." She says that more like to convince herself.

Since we got out the dorm area, she's still holding my hand tight. She seems to be more relaxed since then. To me winter always makes me more relaxed.

I love light snowy evening in Boston. I've been in this city for almost three years and winter has always been my favorite season of the year. Most of my boys love summer, but I say to them that I have enough fire inside of me which makes me love the cool feelings in winter. I blow a little snow fallen in lower arm of my jacket.

"I can't believe I'm doing this with you and to my friend."

Channing statement attracts my attention from the view. "Why's that, Channing?"

She looks at me. "Because it's wrong for me to go out with someone who's actually with my own good friend." She twists my hand, trying to let go off my hand. "Remember Samantha Adair?" she grunts. "Let's just call it off, you and me."

I tighten my grip on her hand. "How about we promise not to talk about anything else than us tonight? Samantha isn't my girlfriend anyway if that's what you thought of us."

"She doesn't? But you two-"

I reply before she can finish her sentence. "We're just friends," I shrug. "With some benefits that we mutually agree on." I smile widely and look at her with puppy eyes. Hopefully she doesn't mind that. "I'm being honest, Winstead. Ask her later when you meet her. I'm sure she won't mind telling you."

She looks at me sharp. "Am I gonna be another friend with benefits of yours? How many benefits you need?" she holds off her hand and shoves me away.

"Only if that's what you want." I quickly add. "Don't get it wrong. I'm a man of words, Winstead. I'll be good if you want me to. Just trust me. And I won't dare messing with you or else Autumn would kill me."

She takes one step back from me and puts her hands on her waist. "Wait first you got it right before for calling me Channing. Stop calling me Winstead. We're not that close. Now I want your words."

I let out a sigh and close my eyes for a while. "I promise I'll be a good man who'll keep you good." I raise an eyebrow. "That enough?"

Her lips slowly form into a proud smile. She must be feeling like she just gets me good. "Okay, so if Autumn is your friend, then you're in your last semester now?" She asks.