36 - Clarity - Channing Winstead

I’m awakened by the thirst burning in my throat.  I’m trying to move my body but it’s quite heavy.  My eyes are slowly opening to find Chace is sleeping too. 

I gasp as I finally fully conscious to feel his weigh on me.  I rest on my left side with my head on the cushion on the edge of the couch while he’s sleeping on my back side, his right hand is around my waist and leg crosses mine.  Too much for a coincidence, I think.

I’m moving his hand carefully.  The feelings of his legs tangling with mine send tingles through my body.  I almost fall when he makes accidental move causing me to get pushed a little off the couch.  I take a hold of his hand back. 

I’m trying to release myself from this sleep-hugging.  Apparently I’m not an expert on this because I never fall asleep this close to a guy.  Though, I can try. “Aw!” I let out a yelp when he tightens his hug.  I literally feel his warm body on mine.

I nudge his stomach with my elbow, once, again, and again. “Chace!” I sigh.  His body is solid rock.

“Ugh! Why did you wake so soon?” he moans.

“Let go of me!” I yell at him.

I can feel he sniffs on my hair. “You ruin the moment.” He whispers.

“You’re crushing my body!” the next second he lets go and nudges me off the couch.  I yelp at the same time I bump on the carpet.  I’m grateful the carpet is very soft and quite thick.

He laughs and looks at me with a glint of pleasure in his eyes. “You okay sweetheart?” he pouts.

“No wonder I hate you.” I mutter while getting up.  Chace is Chace, loves to tease, flirt and flatter.  He attacks me with a hug causing me falling backward.  We’re falling together which I’m sure he directs it all. 

He winks.  I fall on the carpet again and he’s on me.  Like I said, he directs it.  My head lands on his hand which protects my head from getting bump.  He must be holding himself because I don’t really feel his weigh on me.

“Are you trying to reverse what we’re used to?” I gaze at our falling position.

He smirks. “My girlfriend is smart.” 

“My boyfriend is pervert.” I stroke his chest and know he sweats a bit. “Gosh, you’re sweaty.” I feel my body is heating too.

“Because we were sleeping together.” He grins then pecks my lips.

I hit his chest. “We did nothing!”

“It was warming up.” He gets up and pulls me to stand up along with him. “Let’s make it something if you want.”
-----
I’ve passed two days and two nights safely.  I choose to sleep in the smaller bedroom in this apartment which has two bedrooms. 

First thing in the morning I know will be waiting for me when I wake up is my father calling to check on me.  I grip the sheet in case Chace barges in the room surprising me.

“Yes, father.  I’m staying in friend’s.” He wants to make sure I’m not staying in with Chace.  He lets me go on vacation with Chace but he demands me to stay in a friend’s place, girl not boy. “She’s a girl.”

I’m panic when he asks to have a talk with her. “She’s not here at the moment.”  I feel bad for lying.  He reminds me again about the promise; that at least I’m not staying with Chace alone.  There has to be another girl who’s related to Chace, like sister for instance.

“You can trust me.” I let out a heavy sigh.  I need to be honest. 

“Channing!” that Chace barges in the room startles me.  He smiles innocently when he knows I throw my phone at his surprise.

I see him ready with his sporty suit; knee-length sweatpants and sleeveless t-shirt. “I didn’t know you’re an early bird.”

“That’s why sleep with me then you know I am.” He is grinning ear to ear.

I pull the sheet to cover me fully when he comes closer sitting on the bed. “Wait me outside! I need to get ready myself.”

“You’re naked, aren’t you?” he unveils the sheet but I grab it from him.  His gaze is undressing me.  I don’t sleep naked.  I’m just revealing skin much.

I’m holding the sheet firmly with full defense on. “No! Get out!”

“Okay, baby.” He shocks me when he pecks my cheek. “Can I get a morning ssss-“ he must have meant to say that word but it becomes a hiss. “I meant, morning kiss?” he corrects that and smiles cutely.

I grab my bra when my eyes catch it lying beside me before he finds it.  I feel blood rushing to my cheeks. “No taking advantage?” he nods like a good boy he is. “Promise?” I beg him.

“Just trust me and kiss me!” he brings his lips close to me and starts kissing me.  His kiss revitalizes me, just what I need in the morning.  I’m so grateful to have him.  I hope he feels the same way as I do.

I know how cheesy it sounds but no one has made me feel this way.  He knows what to say to get me.  Every touch he does is exceptionally something that gives me this sensation which makes me feel alive and can’t help but wanting for more. 

I whisper when we part our lips. “I love you.”

He strokes my hair. “Channing, I want you to know that I love you.” He never says that as sincere as this time.  The feelings caused by his statement this time makes me breathless.  It’s like no other time.  When I start to be suspicious at his kind of strange behavior, I convince myself to trust him.

“Get dress, quick!” he takes the tip of the sheet then unveils and throws the sheet back on me.  He laughs at my reactions. 

I grunt at his playful virtue.  He can go from drop dead serious to kidding around. 
-----
Chace takes me to walk around and do some jog.  He’s very energetic just like Autumn.  Sure he’s a sporty guy.  He does exercise regularly.  On the contrary, I lack of exercises since this summer.  Without someone bugging me, I’m not an active one to do exercises.

The warm weather makes us sweat a lot more.  We’ve done running for a half mile and walking for another half mile.  My energy is literally drained while Chace still looks fresh although he sweats his clothes.

He teases me by touching his cheek on mine. “Gross!” I moan.  Beads of sweats on his face make him sticky.  I can’t deny he looks bloody hot or let’s say sweaty hot.  The smell of his sweat is sexy in masculine kind of way.  People say if you like the smell of someone’s sweat, he might be the one.

We stop by the park to have a rest.  We sit on the bench with reasonable spaces.  When Chace is being Chace, I feel better and don’t have suspicion on him.  He starts the conversation like always. 

“That baby is so lucky.” He says then sighs. “I envy him.”

A woman is holding a baby boy in her arms.  Another woman who I assume is the woman’s sister, plays peek-a-boo and that kind of things to make the baby laugh. 

I chuckle at his statement. “Why do you envy a baby?”

“Look at him!” he retorts.  The women take turn to hold the baby. “The baby gets to rest on women’s breasts safe and sound.  And they think it’s really cute.”

I don’t know whether to laugh or slap him of his reasons. “He is just a baby!” I snap at him.  I want to slap him but I’m saving my energy.

“If I do that, they think I’m a pervert.” He pokes my cheek so I turn to face him. “Don’t you think I’m cute too if I do like that baby does?” he grins and has that naughty look directed on my chest.

I hit the back of his head. “I can’t believe I have a boyfriend so pervert like you!”

When we look back to the baby and the two women, they’re cuddling the baby and kissing him. “Don’t say you want that too!”

He closes the gap between us. “That makes me a liar if I say no.  I’m not the kind who’s in denial.”

I snort. “Pretty sure, you used to get more than that when you were such a jerk player.”

“You guess right! I’m flattered, really.” He nods and smiles pretend a politeness. 
*****