12 - Written In the Stars - Chace Alexander

I walk in the writing center and find Autumn there. It's either study room or writing center where I often find her.

"Hi, Chace!" Autumn calls me as I walk and take a seat near her.

I pat her back. "Good to see you so bright, Autumn."

"It's unbelievable you're still helping here." She whispers at me while her eyes are still on the laptop which shows some writings.

"I know. I'm that good." I whisper. "Don't disturb me, girl. I'm going to be occupied." I check on my watch.

I have an appointment with someone who needs my help just to check on her works. I love doing this, checking other people's works. I'm happy being able to help and share.

Autumn nudges me with her elbow. "You said that to yourself, didn't you?"

When I'm about to respond, the girl I have an appointment with just walks in. I wave at her as she views in my direction. I can hear Autumn sigh and I know what that means.

"No wonder. This is one of your places to play." She gives stress to the words 'play'.

"What do you mean? I'm innocent here." I tease her.

Autumn snaps at me but she keeps her tone low. "The only time you were innocent was when you were just a child."

I nudge Autumn's arm to make her quiet.

The girl I have appointment with takes a seat across me. She smiles at me and I smile back at her. She's a sweet young girl, freshman year.

"Good afternoon, Mary." I say to the girl. "How's your day?"

"Hi, Chace! Very nice." I can see her blushing. She opens her purse and takes out a laptop.

Autumn whispers at me. "Ah Mary, I hope she will stay as pure as-"

I shush and cut her words. "Focus on your own work." I nod at Mary who realizes my little quarrel with Autumn. "Sorry. My girlfriend here is a little jealous."

I put my arm around Autumn's shoulder and smirk at her. I know well how to shut her up.

"Okay, now let's get to your work Mary." I roll up my shirt sleeves.

As I just gather my focus on Mary's work, Autumn disturbs me again. "Yeah! Be nice, my boyfriend."

"Noted." I grit my teeth.

Neither of us talks for next 30 minutes. I have my time with Mary just to talk of her writing. I'm waiting any attempt of flirting but I think her courage is off since Autumn is beside me with the status she believes as my girlfriend. Though she attempts to do when Autumn is too focus on her work.

Mary moves her chair closer to me that her elbow touches mine. She twirls her black jet wavy hair when I point out some mistake in her writing. When she responds, she smiles so cutely. I smile back because I don't want to disappoint her.

I hope she gets my points. I don't mind her flirting. Well, I enjoy that. I just don't want her to miss the real purpose she comes here.

"Are you coming to the winter party this Saturday?" out of nowhere she asks me that and bats her eyelashes.

I touch her hand. "I don't want to disappoint people. No one wants to miss the moment of seeing Chace Alexander in his best suit."

"You'll look dashing." She just winks at me. "As always." She adds.

"I know, sweetheart."

I can smell her hair and perfume so fresh. The nice scent actually does the seduction better to me. I don't even realize that she's so close to me until I feel something soft and fleshy presses against the part of my arm where the sleeves is lifted.

I move my hand carefully because her breasts are right next to my arm. "Our time is up. You have my number, you can ask me anytime."

"Thank you so much for your time." She replies.

"Anytime, Mary."

I stand up. "Come one, girlfriend." I take Autumn's hand, playing out this fake-relationship like a pro. "Sweet Autumn." I give stress to my words as she doesn't respond.

She finally responds. "Wait for me outside, my dear Chace."

"Aye, aye."

Apparently Autumn wants to talk to Mary. "Hey, Mary! Can I have a word with you? It'll take just a few minutes, promise."

Mary turns back and nods. "Oh, please."

"Outside, boyfriend" Autumn pushes me to make her way towards Mary.

I oblige and wait for Autumn outside. Few minutes later, Autumn comes out with a big smile that makes me wonder and suspicious. I walk beside her, not playing the boyfriend-girlfriend thing anymore.

"Girlfriend? Seriously, Chace?"

"Well you're a girl and you are my friend. So that does your status justice."

She clarifies. "I'm your best friend, for 22-years sake."

"So you mean to say that it should have been best girlfriend?" I give her my best innocent look. "You make it sound like I have more than one."

She looks at me and sighs. "Chace, I don't give a damn about it."

"Oh, wait. You're right. Thank you for reminding me that I'm still me." I grin.

-----

I go for a walk to the park this evening, alone. Mary refuses to go with me because she sincerely believes Autumn and I are dating. Usually that isn't a problem that girls know I'm in relationship.

I have a bad feeling that Autumn has something to do with why she refused my asking to go on a date this evening. I remember Autumn had some talks with her after the writing session. I thought it was just some friendly talks just like typical Autumn giving advices to her junior.

I laugh dryly. I've been fooled. Damn you Autumn!

When I see an empty bench, I throw myself on it. I take out a small flat bottle from my jacket. I gulp my bourbon bit by bit. I guess it's not that bad my plan doesn't want work as I planned it to be. There's a party I can go tonight, anyway. So now it's good just to be with myself.

"Hey there baby boy!" a hand snatches my bottle. My head snaps to the right and I find Samantha throws herself right next to me. She drinks that and cringes after.

I laugh. "That's bourbon. First try, huh?"

"Not so bad but ew, here take it." She gives it back to me. "Why are you here all alone being sappy on the evening?"

I sigh. "I broke up with Lynda. Autumn sabotaged my date." I look at her. "I guess I'm more than ready to party tonight. You coming?"

Her hand reaches for my cheek and caresses it. "What will I get? Do you want me to?"

"Don't come then. I need some new refreshment." As her face gets closer, I peck her lips with mine. "I'll call you if I get bored and no one excites me."

She nibbles my lips. "You better be. I hope everyone is boring for you there." She grunts in frustration. "Can you give me a taste? Just a little? I'm supposed to meet someone here but he hasn't come yet."

"You're having a date, love?" I take back from her touch. "You know the deal, Dear Samantha. Once you're occupied, we can't continue this."

She pouts. "It's just a date, okay? I bet nothing's serious."

"And I want you to know that you deserve some real relationship." I smirk and close the gap between us by pushing her body to mine. "But also know this, I won't let you go to waste while I still can do you." Our kiss is starting slow but sure it elevates to more until I stop it. If I didn't, we might've made out in a park.

She's a bit breathless after some hungry kisses. "That's my baby boy."

*****

A/N
I edited most of this chapter to show more about Chace as a character.  Please let me know what you think of Chace.
If you like it, please vote, comment, and share.