34 - Sinners In Disguise

Chace Alexander

***
Five years ago.

“Who’s up for picnic?” I asked excitedly toward the one and only girl who was watching movie beside me.

She slapped my arm. “Who does picnic on winter?” she glanced to the glass wall which showed to the open roof pool. “It’s freezing cold outside.”

“Oow come on.  My girlfriend, Juliette isn’t afraid of anything.” I sneaked my hand on the blanket and put my arm around her waist.

She retorted. “I’m not afraid of cold.  I just don’t like it.”

I pulled her closer to my chest. “Oh really?” I pouted. “I can warm you when it gets colder.  I’m bored watching the movie.” I winked.

“You’re so into me.” She whispered in her sexy voice and caressed my face gently.  Suddenly she pushed her body on me, made me fall to the side hitting the edge of the couch.  Luckily my head bumped on a cushion.  She pecked my lips once, twice and thrice. “I’m interested in the idea of you warming me.”

“Anything for you, Juliette.”
***

My mind is playing random memories I had with Juliette.  I feel my head is hammering when I’m taken back to present reality, trying to open my heavy eyes.  I jolt up when I find Juliette sleeping with my arm wrapping her.  She’s resting her head on my chest while her hand on my abdomen. 

Shit! What the hell did I just do? I’m so doomed.  It must have been the alcohol got the worst of me.  Why did it happen? Why couldn’t I resist her seduction? I think I’m mad more at myself than her.  The alcohol only drove me but it was all started with me.  I’m the one to blame.

Juliette was the only girl I had ever slept with out of the love I had for her.  Ironically, I happened to let her in, again, after what she had done to me.  What worse is I’m in relationship with Channing! We’re taking a break after some silly fights we had though, I’m the worst boyfriend ever.  How am I supposed to explain and come back to her with this guilt?

I’m sitting on the edge of the bed with the sheet covering my waist down.  I rest my head on my hands, feeling too weak to move.  The guilt is weighing me down.  This will be the greatest mistake I have ever made in my entire life. 

Juliette whispers while her hands sneaking on my body to hug me from the back. “Morning.”

“Don’t touch me!” I snap at her.  I untangle her hands from me with force.  I’m starting to feel my eyes are burning and glistening.  Oh, God! What should I do about Channing? The last conversation we had was her wishing me to change for the better.

“You didn’t refuse it last night.  Oh let me rephrase it.  You were craving for my touch.”

I talk without looking at her. “I believed you had changed but I should have known better.  You can’t change.” I bend down to take my jeans lying on the floor which isn’t far from me.  I wear them while still sitting on the bed.

“Thanks for understanding me that well, Aaron.” She’s so good at doing sarcastic tone.

I hate her calling me with that name again.  That name reminded me of the old times with her.  A year after she left, I refuse to be called Aaron.  I decided to go to Boston, so I needed a new name to get the vibe of the new me.

“Don’t call me with my first name!” I shove her when she dares to lay a hand on my back. “Don’t even call my name ever again!” I shoot a glare at her.

She falls on her back and the sheet is pulled along with her.  She’s startled at the sudden push. “It is not my fault that we did it! Don’t act innocent about it!”