44 - Let Me Go

Channing POV
"Juliette told me just now. She's you ex-girlfriend, isn't she? And you slept with her while you were still in relationship with my sister!" Nathan says with clear anger in his voice which he tries to hide. He is anti to hatred and never throws anger to anyone. The fact that someone hurts me, his only sister, upsets him so bad that he cannot shade his anger.

At the first few seconds I'm just stunned there as if I was so lost and forgot how to speak. I blink my eyes then get myself together. "What the hell! Chace, tell me it was just a lie? You were not about to tell me about that right?"

"Tell her!" Nathan holds my hand and makes me take one step back from Chace.

He looks at me in the eyes but tries to avoid eyes contact for a while. He blinks his eyes. Suddenly he gets on his knees before me.

I'm startled as he takes my hand with care. I assure myself, the care I feel when he holds my hands is just another attempt to get me to believe in his lie.

"I wish it were not. I can't be sorry enough. It was the greatest mistake I have ever made in my entire life. I promise I will make it up for you." Damn, damn, damn. I don't want to believe in his words.

I push his hands off mine. "You sick! You disgust me! I hate you! And I hate that I hate you!" I turn to Nathan and whisper asking him to give us a moment.

"I'll be at the café." Nathan nods and pats my shoulder.

He gives his last warning to Chace. "I told you I'm the nice protector. If Alan knew this, he'd sure beat you to the ground."

"Now let me explain it to you Channing." Chace, still on his knees, is looking up at me with eyes that filled with regrets.

I have to remember that I won't let myself be persuaded by him. After all he is the master of persuasion.

"Get on your feet." I take a deep breath. "No. You don't get to talk. I'm the one who is going to clear this matter."

"Okay, as you please dear."

"Don't be sweet with me. It makes me feel sick to hear that from you." I snap at him.

He nods like a good boy. Damn his eyes! I should look away from his eyes because it does things to me. Now I really need my so logical, realistic mind.

"First of all, when did it happen?"

"Which one?" he asks innocently. How can he give me that look when he's clearly guilty here?

I gasp. "What? How many times you cheated one me?"

"Three times." He tries to remember. "The two times were with my ex-girlfriends. Those were just kissing. The one time was with Juliette, you know, just like your brother revealed."

This guy is unbelievable. I slap his arm. "For God's sake, Chace! You don't get enough from me so you seek from other, huh?"

"No, no! It wasn't like that. They were just mistake. I wasn't thinking clearly. The first time with Juliette we were on break." He retorts.

"Stop defending. I can't believe I've let you kiss me with the lips you use to kiss other girls too. And they're your ex-girlfriends! I think I'm going crazy with the thought of that."

He looks down for a while. "I'm sorry. You're right there's no reason to defend my wrongs."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? I probably could help you with the snap of yourself which I can understand because you're struggling with your playboy, player, and heartbreaker status!" I push him as he gets closer.