38 - Living In Romance Scenes

First thing first, I want to say big thanks to you all for the 1k votes! Yay! Keep reading, voting (if it deserves one), commenting and sharing! now read this fun and kind of filler part ^^
***
Part 1 (Madeline POV)
The most awkward moment is when your crush asks you to stay as kind of supervisor at his apartment when his girlfriend is there.  I know the sound of that alone is weird.  Chace asks me to pretend to be his little sister or cousin, something like that.

“Why is it necessary? I mean what difference does it make? It’s not like I’ll be watching you two for whatever you two are doing.” I’m a frank person so that question comes out.

Chace and Channing are sitting across the dining table side by side.  A scene like this is awkward to me but I need to get used to it fast because I’m going to live with it for ten days more.  We’re staring at each other for seconds while eating our breakfast.

Chace opens his mouth to reply.  “That’s what I’ve told Channing many times.  We could just lie to her father and everything could be arranged when her father wants video call or something.” Chace glances at me and Channing in turn.

Channing sighs. “I feel bad for lying! And I’m fine with Madeline here anyway.  She’s very cool.”

I mouth a thank you to Channing who responds with a smile.  She’s very sweet and cool.  I can see why Chace falls for her. 

“I think it makes no differences either.  For instance, we could do something crossing the lines without Madeline knowing.” Chace adds.

I mumble because the words he chose intrigues me. “Crossing the lines?” when I look up from my cereal Chace is staring at me.  Oh I guess my mumbling was heard.

“Yeah, like having sex.” He throws a playful wink to Channing when she glimpses at him.  Oh how nice my life is! In fiction or real life I’m fated only to watch romance.  Note the word watch.

“Chace, please.” Channing sighs. “You’re talking to a young girl.” She mutters and places a hand on Chace’s hand on the table.   

I just smile trying not to show awkward smile. “It’s fine.”

“It’s all about trust.” Channing concludes the talking that morning. “And being honest to each other.”
-----
Day by day I spend more time with Channing.  Chace is working at day until evening.  At first I feel awkward being with her probably because I’m thinking of me having a crush on her boyfriend.  However, Channing is super nice.  She’s at the age of my sister so we’re just like sisters. 

We go out to places sometimes with me as the guide.  I don’t know much about Richmond but I’ve been here before for a college trip.  It has been a lot of fun.  Well, it’s still awkward or more like suck for me when I get to see them cuddling on the couch or kissing.  At least they always try to keep it low profile from me. 

Every day nothing bad happens.  Why would anything? Staying in with Chace and Channing in one apartment is one of interesting ways to spend some weeks of my summer break.  Chace makes every moment exciting like always.

I don’t want to admit but I have to admit they are “selfless couple”.  You know what I mean.  They include me in most of their time together when they’re visiting places.  Although sometimes they leave me alone, I can understand.  They take care of me instead of me “watching” for them like I should do.
-----
“Did Chace text you?” Channing asks.  She looks concerned. 

I close my book and focus on her.  I check on my phone even though I know that Chace will text his girlfriend first if something happens. “No. Why?” I catch the clock on my screen.  It’s already so late.  He usually comes home before dinner time.