10 - Some Things are meant to Break - Chace Alexander

It's Monday afternoon again. Monday is supposed to be unlikable day for most people. I'm not most people though. It is in fact one of my favorite days. I have Baseball training in Baseball club I join in. The normal training days are in Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

I love Baseball with all of my heart, which is something rare for me to love anything or anyone like this. I've been into this sport since I was in high school. I was used to being the captain of Baseball club in Charleston, now I'm just main player. I may have less time to focus in Baseball because of my own expertise in college. However, I still go for a few matches between cities in Massachusetts region.

"What's up boys?" I punch each one of my guys in the arm. I always do that when I meet them.

"Ouch!" Peter is stroking his arm where I punched him. "You punch harder now."

"That means I'm getting better." In a sudden, my eyes fall into a stash of snack, chips, soft drinks and the kinds which are on the bench between the lockers. I have feeling I know who gave them. And that feeling isn't good.

"What is it all for?" I snatch a bottle of mineral water that Peter is going to drink. He's startled as I take it forcefully from his grip. A few drops of water sputter from the bottle.

"Haven't I told you not to accept anything from her?" They all keep silent. As much as I want to flip the bench and throw all the things on it, I've learnt not to waste food. I volunteered in some charity activities when I was on my break. My mother always reminds me too that's not a wise thing to do even when we're mad and think we have all the rights to do so.

"She's bribing. She wants to get supports so she thinks I won't have the heart to break up with her." I blurt out. It was out of control. I've already had the idea on my mind for a month but I'm still thinking how I deal with it.

My boys like her for obvious reasons. Besides this, Lynda is used to dining out with them and of course she's the one treating them. I admit it's not just that she's being generous that they like about her. She is quiet down to earth for a spoiled girl from a wealthy family.

Few seconds after I said that, an open can of soft drink is thrown and hit the locker so hard that it startles those near the spot. The fluids inside are spurting on the air.

"What's wrong with you?" I gaze at Bradley who just threw that can. The act shows that he's upset.

"You! Alexander! You should've asked that question to yourself!" He stands up and walks towards me. "I'm getting sick of your attitude. You play around breaking hearts like it is no big deal." Bradley is one of my good mates taking the same major as me in UMASS Boston.

I clench and unclench my fist. He's getting on my bad side. His words just get onto my nerve. I'm trying to control myself by breathing in and out slowly. No one has ever dared to be upfront about me breaking hearts like it's a pleasure for me. Truth to be told. It is a pleasure for me. That's why I don't like it when someone makes it a big deal.

"Shut up Bradley! Mind your own business." I'm trying hard not to move my hands because I'm on the edge of punching him. "If you are into her, you can have her for yourself."

It turns out he can't hold himself well. Bradley pushes me hard until my back hits the locker. I'm staring at his eyes intensely with anger. I don't want to get in a fight with him, not with anyone. But I just can't help it. My fist hits him on the face so hard that he instantly falls on the floor.

"Chace!" Peter gets between us. "Take it easy. Calm down. Breath." He looks at me and Bradley in turn. "Both of you!"

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. One of the things I do to get control of my temper. I realize how stupid this is.