47 - Second Chances - Chace Alexander

Part 1
I just had a session with my advisor about my thesis. I don't have much anything to do besides planning for my research and few classes I'm taking for minor study.

I'll just go chilling with the others in the writing club I join. When I see someone is coming towards me, Channing Winstead, my steps are getting slower. I'm stunned. It has been a month I haven't seen her. She doesn't seem to notice her surrounding because her phone is distracting her.

As we get closer, I think she'll notice and avoid me. But I'm not fully aware either. I fumble and just realize when she bumps on me. She drops her phone on my shoes.

I'm falling along with her as she takes a grip on me when she slips. I try to reach her head to put my hand as cover. In a matter of seconds we're collapsing and hitting the ground.

I find myself staring at her deep blue lenses. Then the voice which I love makes me realize I'm on her. "Chace."

"I think the fate calls for a second chance." I smile sincerely.

She hits my chest. "Get off of me."

I get up fast, extending a hand to help her but she slaps it away. I give her phone which I take with me to her. When she's about to leave, I hold her hand.

"Please I beg you." I whisper.

She stops and takes no move. I'm waiting for her to respond or just turn to face me. She stays in silent probably thinking how to respond. She slowly holds off my hand. Suddenly she turns around and attacks me. "You jerk! Why did you do this to me?" she keeps hitting my chest and my arms. She doesn't cry but her eyes are glistening.

I let her throw her anger at me until she feels tired of hitting. "Are you done?" she's unexpectedly strong. I can't believe that my chest and arms feel sore now. I guess it's worth it.

She closes her eyes. I feel her panting. When she seems like she can't pretend to be strong, I pull her in my chest and hug her. Surprisingly she doesn't rebel. I stroke her hair then down to her back, giving gentle motion on her back to calm her. I feel that she weighs her body on me.

To my right, I see Eleanor walking towards our direction. I give a sign with my eyes to let us. I don't think Channing wants her best friend to find her hugging with her ex-boyfriend and almost cry. Eleanor gives a dislike glare but then she agrees. I mouth a thank you to her.

"Can we talk now?" I whisper to her ear. She answers with a nod.

"Let's go somewhere to talk."

She pulls herself from me and walks. I follow her firm and a bit fast step. Though I think she's a bit confused to where she wants to go, I just follow her wherever she goes. After some minutes going anywhere, she stops at a bench which actually we've passed three times now. We take a seat on a bench near the main building.

"You don't have class or any appointment, do you?" I ask her, in case she's supposed to be somewhere else.

She grunts. "No. I won't sacrifice my class just to have some talk with you." Okay that is how blunt she can be. "Now talk."

"Thank you."

She stops me before I can really talk. My mouth just opens when she suddenly slaps my arm. "Wait. Me first." She sighs. "To be perfectly honest, I had a slight hope that we can make our way back together."

"Yes, yes we can. Just tell me what I need to do." My right knee makes a contact with her left one. I touch her thigh gently.

She takes off my hand from her thigh and pushes my thigh away to give spaces between our knees. "There is nothing we can do because Juliette is having your baby. Why didn't you tell me about that before?"