11- Wild Heart - Channing Winstead

"What are you writing?" Eleanor whispers while looking at my notes.

I glance at my notes and realize how scratchy my hand writing is. I don't write neatly. I take notes in a way that only I can understand what I write.

"You can't be taking notes. You're scratching to try whether your pen still has the ink or not."

I hit her hand with my pen. "At least I'm trying to note what is important for our final projects."

"Aw! I'm left behind and I should've known better your notes are not reliable." Eleanor can be that annoying sometimes. But that's what keeps me entertained when I get bored.

I shush her. "That's why you shouldn't be thinking about your soul mate who can't accompany you to the winter party."

Professor Ivonne doesn't mind someone talking while she's explaining so long as we just whisper and aren't too unengaged from the explanation. However the way she explains is very engaging to be honest. She's so communicative. We won't get bored or sleepy. She interacts with us like friends. I can listen to her lectures for hours and still engaged in it.

Her pretty voice sounds so clear when she wraps up her instructions. "You'll do this final project in pair. Be happy because I'm that generous." She smiles so warm while eyes scanning the class. "But sorry I'm not generous enough to let you choose your own partner. I'll post the list of the names in my learning community website so you can check later on."

"I admire her." I sigh. The time feels like running faster when we are in her class.

"Yeah clearly you've said many times you're willing to have her as your professor in any classes for the whole semester if only that's possible."

I'm startled to find Professor Ivonne standing beside me. "Girls, are you still with me?"

"Always."

"Awesome." She responds nicely then walks to the front.

"You can always check the instructions about the project in my website. And just ask me anything about it anytime."

After lecturing about the final projects, she continues with the materials. I pay attention to her attentively. I'm pretty sure I must look like someone who is in love, so excited, thrilled, and gazing with admiration look.

"Why didn't I get her class before?" I murmur.

Eleanor butts in again. "I agree with you on this one. Besides all the good things about her, the bonus is she's young, beautiful, fresh and good looking."

My head jerks. "Did you just talk about me?" Professor Ivonne is in her thirties considering her looks. "And she can be what not all beautiful people can, hilarious."

Just when I say it, she approves that point. She's telling us about one of her stories while she was in Canada. She got her first experience leading a blind person to a place. Her frankness is freshly entertaining. She has a way of talking which make us all smiles. The class is ended with that story.

It's sad this class has to end. There's an end of everything but I think there should be an exception for happy things. They aren't supposed to have an end. Or they have to? To make us feel more grateful of those things and not let the things go to waste.

----------

I go to the library after class. Eleanor comes along. Each semester we tend to have more than half of the classes same. It's not like I'm bored of her. It's just that even other people in classes have noticed us as a pair.