I - AUTHOR'S NOTE

"This is not over

"This is not over."

I get up from the leathered chair, making my way over to where he was lying on the ground, blood pouring out of his gunshot wound.

"I think it is over." I tell him, taking the gun from his hands.

I point it toward him, and I shoot.

Raya St Claire has had an obsession with laptops since her father bought her one. She has memorized every single component on her laptop, until it started to become something bigger.

She has learned the ability to hack. From hacking into cameras to stealing money from rich people's bank accounts without them knowing, Raya has mastered the ability to hack absolutely anything her heart desired, anywhere and whenever the hell she wanted.

But one day, she hacks into the wrong database. Her mother warned her that she was playing with fire, and her mother was right. Hacking into the wrong database caused bad people to come after her, people who took every single thing from her. Her family, her home. Everything.

And now, living on the street, she comes across a guy who promises her that he'd help her find the people responsible for her family's death.

She joins this man's gang, and finally becomes a member of The Nefarious Crew.

And eight years later, a new face joins the gang.

Ezra's arrogant, sarcastic and too cocky for her liking.

Raya doesn't trust him one bit, not after what happened to her family eight years ago, but when she finds out that her own gang kept secrets from her, big secrets, she confides in the newcomer and starts to trust him. But little does she know that he's keeping the biggest secret of them all.

Her intuition about the newcomer was right.

That he couldn't be trusted.