CHAPTER 04

Chapter FourRaya St Claire

Chapter Four
Raya St Claire

"RAYA!" Bear yells the next morning. "WAKE UP."

I groan into my pillow and try to drown out his knocking but it doesn't help. He was like a mosquito, you try to swat it away but it keeps on coming back, humming into your ears, louder and louder than the first time.

"STOP KNOCKING ON MY DAMN DOOR, BEAR." I yell.

When the knocking finally stopped, I sit up in my bed with my feet touching the cold hardwood floor as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. There was a single knock against the door, telling me that Bear did not walk away yet.

"Archie wants us in the meeting room in twenty minutes." Bear says.

It was then when I heard his footsteps disappearing down the hallway.

I take in a deep breath and blow it out through my lips harshly, remembering yesterday's encounter with the newcomer.

He damn well tried his luck by flirting with me yesterday, but I showed him. The last time a guy flirted with me was at Geoffrey's bar, and he got a whiskey glass to his forehead. That was the last time a guy flirted with me.

The newcomer was fortunate enough to have gotten a punching bag to the nose and not a whiskey glass like the first guy who flirted with me.

Fortunately for him; not me.

I was very disappointed in myself for not breaking his nose yesterday.

I think he was just lucky that I didn't actually break his nose. Archie wouldn't have been happy if that was the case. If he found out that I did that to the newcomer's nose, I would've been 'grounded'.

I laugh at the thought.

I was twenty three years old, not even sixteen anymore.

But despite us all being older than twenty, we had rules to follow. We had to be disciplined like any other children out there. Archie gave us a home and in return, we have to obey his orders.

That's all he asked of us when we came here.

Obey his rules.

The boys tried their luck by flirting with me, but I knew they were just teasing me to get a reaction out of me; like Bear, he always flirted with me, but I got a foot massage out of the deal sometimes so I let the flirting slide.

I get out of bed and walk over to my bathroom.

I close the bathroom door behind me and rest against it for a few seconds before I make my way to the sink to splash some cold water over my face.