CHAPTER 09 ( PART THREE )

Chapter Nine Part ThreeRaya St Claire

Raya St Claire

The newbie took long in the bathroom, and I warned him if he took too long in the bathroom that I would dance with someone else; someone that clearly wasn't him.

I waited for a full five minutes before I finally caved and went back to the dance floor after drinking two, or was that three, more vodka shots since he left to go to the bathroom, but now I was back on the dance floor, swaying my hips to the blasting music yet again and wondering when, if, the newcomer would join me.

The newcomer was taking way too long in the bathroom and I contemplated whether or not I wanted to go to the bathroom to drag him by the hands to dance with me like earlier again, but I stayed put and danced like there was no tomorrow.

I wanted to ask Bear whether or not he wanted to dance with me, but he was still in one of his sulking moods. Whenever Storm or any of the other boys, including Archie, made conversation with him, Bear only ignored them straight or he looked the complete other way, and when he made eye contact with me, he quickly looked away again like the idea of looking at me for a second too long repulsed him.

Even though it hurt like hell when Bear treated me this shitty, I still danced. Just because he was in a sulking mood didn't mean that I had to be in that mood, too.

The air was hot and stuffy and I tasted beer on my tongue despite not drinking anything to do with beer tonight. Sweat was trickling down my neck and back, and both of my calves started to hurt from all the dancing, but it felt good to dance again, to be free from crime and everything else. It felt good to be here again.

As I was dancing to myself, I felt someone's hand snaking around my waist, pulling me flush against their chest. Thinking it was the newcomer who finally returned from the bathroom, I turned around, but it wasn't the newcomer who graced my presence, it was an unfamiliar blond haired guy with a smile on his lips.

"You're so fucking hot." He says over the loud music.

I look towards the bathrooms, and newbie wasn't in sight, so I focused my attention to the blond haired boy dancing behind me with his hands on my hips.

The newcomer told me not to dance with anyone else, but he was taking too long and his chances of dancing with me again tonight has run out, so I threw my hands around the blond guy's neck and started swaying my hips to the music with him as we were moving in sync with my moves.

"Thank you, handsome." I yell over the music. "I think it's the dress. It brings out the colour of my eyes."

"You really have amazing eyes." The blond guy says, pulling me closer to him. "But the dress is hot too."