CHAPTER 27

Chapter Twenty SevenRaya St Claire

Raya St Claire

Despite me being absolutely exhausted from the day I had, I still kept tossing and turning. I just couldn’t sleep, and I had a good feeling that it was about the information I gathered today about Archie and his involvement in my family’s murder, and it’s exactly that what made me feel uneasy to sleep underneath the same roof as him.

To be fair, if he wanted me dead, I would have already been dead the first night he saved me, but even though eight years have passed and he has shown me nothing but love and safety, I still felt uneasy now that I knew the truth about him.

Granted, he didn’t partake in any activities that he actually pulled the trigger on any of my family members, but he was still there and he could have stopped them from killing my entire family.

Archie could have talked to them… got them into changing their minds about killing my entire family, but no… he was afraid, his life was way more important than an innocent family of four.

I took in a deep breath and turned my face to look at my alarm clock.

It read one am.

The LED lights didn’t help much tonight. I had too much on my mind right now. It was like my mind was running a million miles per hour, preventing me from closing my eyes to drift off sleep. I hated every second of it. I just want to put today behind me, but I can’t even go to sleep.

I sigh loudly and throw the covers over my body before I rise out of my bed.

The floorboards creak underneath my feet as I walked out of my room.

The boys were already fast asleep and they were snoring so loud, my footsteps were actually just a faint noise echoing throughout the dark hallway. All of the boys were heavy sleepers, including Bear, not even a bulldozer could wake any of them up, but I still tiptoed slowly toward the staircase, not wanting any of them to notice I was awake and to ask me if I was doing okay.

I wanted to go to the kitchen to drink away my sorrows and everything I found out today about Archie, but my feet dragged me past the staircase and directly toward Ezra’s room, and I didn’t really know why seeing that I absolutely loathed him just yesterday, but now I confided in him.

Hell, he’s the only one I could trust these days.

I don’t know if the rest of the boys knew Archie’s secret about his involvement in my family’s murder, but even if they didn’t, I wouldn’t talk to them about it. It was between me and Archie.