CHAPTER 47

Chapter Forty SevenRaya St Claire

Chapter Forty Seven
Raya St Claire

I have waited eight years to see Winchester broken and bloodied in front of me.

I thought that I would feel relieved now that he was dead, and in a way I was, but the other part of me didn't feel anything at all. I think it was because my lifelong dream was finally accomplished, and now it feels like I have no use anymore...

I have never wanted anything more in my life than seeing Winchester dead, but now that he was, I felt empty, and as I looked down at his dead body, his eyes glassy and blood still pouring from the gunshot wound to his face and chest, I didn't even feel anything at all. I didn't feel a single damn thing. Not a damn thing.

The scene was incredibly vile, even for me, but men like Winchester didn't deserve any remorse. They took and they took until there was nothing left, but enough was enough. When he took my family from me, and used Ezra's little sister against him to do his bidding for him, I saw red.

Winchester is a man who asks for a hand but takes the entire arm.

He was so remorseless.

Emphasis on was.

He was remorseless.

But not anymore.

I made sure of that.

As the blood neared my shoes, I stepped away from it.

And that's when I felt it: sick.

My stomach was churning. My head was spinning.

I felt extremely dizzy.

"Princess?"

Ezra's voice sounded close, but yet so far away at the same time.

His hand is on my shoulder, trying to get my attention but I just couldn't look away. I couldn't look at anything else but Winchester's blood nearing my shoes. Hell, I couldn't even look at anything else but Winchester's body, and the dead very guy lying beside him on the ground.

I couldn't look at anything else but the scene in front of me.

"Raya..." Ezra steps in front of me, his eyebrows pulled together in a concerned frown.

"I'm fine." I could feel my mouth moving, but I didn't hear the two words I have said.

My ears were suddenly ringing, and my legs threatened to cave out from underneath my feet. And if it wasn't for Ezra's hand holding onto my shoulder, I would have already collapsed.

"I'm fine." I repeat the words, hoping that he would believe them. "I'm fine. I'm fine."

Ezra pulls me flush against his chest, snaking his arms around my body and keeping me there.

"I'm fine." I mutter against his chest. "I'm fine."

"Shh." Ezra starts to rub circles around my back. "It's okay. We're okay. You're okay."