CHAPTER 45

Chapter Forty FiveRaya St Claire

Chapter Forty Five
Raya St Claire

Winchester claps his hands together, looking at Ezra and I with his head slightly tilted to the side, and a wide smile on his mouth. “I must say that I am quite impressed, Raya.” He smiles even wider, baring the teeth I had wished for so many years to cave in. “You survived, again.”

My fingers were trembling as I held my gun in both my hands, pointing it at Winchester. Despite me being filled with fear as I stood in front of the man who murdered my family eight years ago, I still smiled. I smiled because he was right; I did survive, again. I survived that night when he murdered my entire family right in front of me, and I survived being stabbed with a machete, too.

The smile disappears from Winchester’s mouth, and he just looked at me, with the same look he gave me eight years ago. “I knew you’d come here,” he says, smiling slightly again, “I have been watching you, and I have been waiting for Mr Holmes here to bring you here and he finally did.”

A smirk appeared onto my mouth, because he thinks we didn’t know he would show. “I know.”

He’s caught off guard for a second, but he composes himself almost immediately.

“Just like you have been watching me, I have been watching you, Winchester.” I lick my lips, feeling filled with adrenaline now that I was faced with the man whom I wanted to murder for eight years, and liking every second of it. “They don’t call me the best hacker for nothing.”

“You’ve found a way around the curveball?” Ezra asks from beside me and I nodded, while at the same time keeping my gaze on Winchester. I was too busy watching him like a lion who had its eyes on a deer after being hungry for days.

“What curveball?” Winchester asks, the curiosity clear in his tone.

“You see… while you were busy watching me, I managed to do this thing called reverse hacking… And that means that when you’re being hacked, you can hack the hacker in return.” I smile at him, tilting my head to the side to get a better look at him. “Not only did I notice that you were hacking me, but I hacked you back while you were doing it. Do you think I wouldn’t notice anyone trying to get into my database, Winchester?” I ask, rhetorically. “I guess you could say that I have learned that fine move from you. You did, after all, kill my entire family for it.”

“How?” He asks.

“It doesn’t matter how I did it. Just that I did.” I didn’t think it was possible for my smile to spread wider, but it did. “You are broke now… I took all of your money. Every. Single. Penny.” I emphasized each word, carefully, and watching the satisfaction disappearing from his face. “And while you were watching me, tracking my every move, I made sure you had nothing left.”