CHAPTER 18 ( PART ONE )

Chapter Eighteen Part OneRaya St Claire

Raya St Claire

Everyone was already seated around the meeting room’s table when the newcomer decided to join us. He had no reason to be late seeing that we left my room at the same time after our encounter but I guess he had business to take care of, that business being his ‘excitement’ after the make-out session the two of us had on my bed this morning.

His hair was disheveled and his shirt was slightly crumpled. His lips were also slightly swollen.

I couldn’t help the fact that my cheeks burned at the thought of our encounter, but then I remembered how pissed Bear was still at me, and the thought of kissing the newcomer and how good it actually felt vanished into thin air, and in its place was pure guilt, my chest actually tightened, because while I was having a full-on make-out session with the newcomer this morning, Bear was still walking around the mansion feeling like he lost the love of his life.

The feeling of the newcomer’s lips on mine and his hands on my hips still lingered, though.

The newcomer smiles apologetically at Archie, who just beckons for him to sit down next to me. A few days ago I would have scowled at the thought of having him sit so close to me, but today I grew hot and feverish, still being able to recall how his hands felt on my body and how the mint mixed with a subtle hint of nicotine tasted on my tongue, and my cheeks grew hot all over again.

Archie’s voice makes me snap out of it, bringing me back to the table, at the present times. “Glad you could finally join us, Ezra,” Archie says, smiling softly at him, “I’ve set the meeting for today because I want to discuss your initiation, but there’s also something else I’d like to discuss before we go into the entire initiation ceremony.” Archie drums his fingers against the oak table, his smile from earlier vanishing into thin air. Seeing Archie not smiling made me shiver in my seat, it was never a good sign if Archie didn’t smile, and whatever he wanted to discuss was most likely very, very serious. “The guys back at the club, at Geoffrey’s grand reopening that night… Apparently they will not stop until they get their crates back.”

“It’s not their crates anymore,” Rossi says, shrugging, “they should stop moping about it.”

Archie’s lips pull into a firm line. “They’re still moping.” Archie says, looking at me and only me. “Raya has nearly been killed again, by the same guy who had her in a knife chokehold.”

“What?!” Bear nearly choked on air trying to spit out the word. “That bastard got to her again? When the hell was this?” He asks, looking directly at Archie, and not at me at all.

I didn’t miss the way his hands were balled into fists. It told me that he still cared about me despite us fighting at the moment, and that brought a smile to my lips. Bear still cared about me.