CHAPTER 06 ( PART TWO )

Chapter Six Part TwoRaya St Claire

Raya St Claire

We were signalled that the snipers were taken down and that it's safe to proceed. Bear and Nikko were still hiding on the roof, ready to signal us if there were guards coming or not, but we were lucky thus far. We haven't seen any of the guards or gangs yet, but they were bound to arrive soon.

The newcomer was walking at my side, his weapon drawn in front of him.

The newcomer wore black clothes for tonight's mission; a black shirt, black pair of pants, a pair of black boots and a black balaclava. If we stuck to the shadows, we could do this mission without being spotted, but I think we were going to be spotted because the newcomer decided to run his mouth.

"Now that both of the snipers are taken down, what do we do now princess?" He asks.

"Shh. Keep Quiet. We don't know if there are guards around the corner." The newcomer just shakes his head, as if the guards didn't scare him at all. They didn't scare me either, but if we were going to do this non-lethally, we shouldn't give them a reason to shoot us by trespassing and announcing that we were here, but if they were going to shoot on us first, we'd have to disobey Archie's direct orders and I didn't want to disappoint him tonight.

He was counting on me to do this mission non-lethally.

"I'm just asking." The newcomer says, his words coming out in a whisper.

"You were a hit man, newcomer." I say in a low voice. "There were probably people you shouldn't have killed between the people you should, so how would you take down ten people without killing them?" I ask him.

"I'm the one that should follow your lead," the new recruit says, "you cannot ask for my input when you've done the necessary research on this."

"I did my necessary research, newbie." I tell him. "I was just wondering how you would do this kind of job without killing anyone in the process."

"I was a hit man, like you said." He says, looking at me. "I killed people for lots of money. When the money hit my bank account or hands, I didn't care about other people. I just cared about getting the job done properly. If there was collateral damage, then so be it. The job was at least done, princess."

"You're one heartless son of a bitch newbie."

"I guess I am." He says.

"Who's out there?" A voice calls out right before the person who talked came into view, holding his gun in his hands protectively as he neared us.