CHAPTER 13

Chapter ThirteenRaya St Claire

Chapter Thirteen
Raya St Claire

It felt like there was someone watching me, lurking in the shadows just waiting for me to step forward so they can grab me and pull me further into the darkness.

My heart was beating rapidly inside my chest, and if I wasn’t completely alone, someone might’ve heard my heart’s beat against my ribcage. There was a heavy pounding inside my ears as I feel a wave of fear washing over me.

I reach my hand out, trying to feel for anything that can help me out of the darkness, but I reached nothing but air. There was nothing beside me, not a light switch, not a weapon so I can defend myself, there was absolutely nothing.

Until he comes into view, out of nowhere.

It’s like he spawned into thin air, appearing right in front of me.

He grabs my neck in between his hands and starts to squeeze.

I stifle a scream, looking at his eyes through his ski mask as he started to squeeze my neck even harder than before.

“Hello, little girl.” He says.

Something pulls me back into the light.

I jolt awake, feeling sweat covering my entire neck and forehead. My breathing was rapid and my breath shaky. My heart was beating uncontrollably inside my ribcage. It felt like Bear’s knocks against my ribcage, beating and beating and beating uncontrollably and faster with each second that passed.

Instead of looking at the ceiling, I lock eyes with the Newcomer staring down at me with his eyes filled with concern and worry.

“What are you doing in my room, newcomer?” I ask him, wiping my sweaty forehead with the back of my hand. I pull myself up and I lean my back against the headboard of my bed while I tried to compose myself—trying to control my breathing and my shakiness.

“I heard you whimpering from all the way down the hall.” He says and I notice that he was seated on my bed right next to my side, his hand on my shoulder like he was trying to wake me up, but couldn’t. “I thought someone was busy strangling you or something, so I had to check on you.”

Ezra’s hair was unruly and all over the place, and his eyes were this light shade of red, telling me that he hasn’t been sleeping all that well, or at all for that matter. I couldn’t help but feel that his lack of sleep was my doing, the whimpering and yelling. He did occupy the room right down the hall, so it could’ve been my doing.