CHAPTER 26

Chapter Twenty SixRaya St Claire

Chapter Twenty Six
Raya St Claire

Walking home with a busted lip and with dry blood plastered against your face and a rib that might as well be broken wasn't one of the best ideas I've ever had in my entire life, but at least the entire kidnapping thing would be believable to the NC, and most importantly to Archie.

Lady Agent told me that I shouldn't alert Archie in case he wasn't trustworthy, but a part of me wanted him to act out so that I can precisely see on which side he truly was; mine or the people who killed my family.

That thought made my stomach burn with a mixture of anger and sadness.

It burned with anger because he has lied to me for the entire eight years since I've known him, and with sadness because I have started to see him as a father figure.

A pounding headache has formed behind my brow, making me squint at the road in front of me.

Lady Agent really had a good damn punch.

My face ached.

My stomach ached.

My nose ached.

But most of all my heart ached. It ached so much that it started to slowly break.

Just knowing that Archie was one of the three people who were there that night my entire family was murdered and that he did absolutely nothing to stop them from pulling the trigger made me feel this hatred toward him, and it made me sad knowing that his 'love' for me was just an act.

I mean, if he has helped my family that night, I would have felt differently, but he just stood idly by while the guy shot my parents and little brother in cold blood. He stood beside my little brother and watched him get shot and did nothing to stop it.

Just thinking about everything-his involvement in my family's murder and the fact that he took me in because he wanted his guilt to lessen-caused a shooting pain to funnel itself into my heart, making it ache even more.

Physical pain never hurt as much as betrayal did, and Archie's betrayal hurt more than any stab or gunshot wound ever could.

I felt a perfect balance between anger and sadness, both directed toward Archie, and I didn't know if I was ever going to be able to look him in the eye ever again.

I shake my head, trying to fight off the big ass headache that now occupied my entire head, but not even the sounds of thunder rumbling in the distance or the fact that it started to drizzle made me smile like the rainy weather usually did.