CHAPTER 05

Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Raya St Claire

My fingers were shaking when I opened my laptop.

I couldn't shake the nauseating feeling I felt every time I had to hack into something, but this time, it was as if the nauseating feeling was heightened.

My mother's words from eight years ago played inside my mind, as if she was standing right next to me. "Raya, you're going to get into trouble."

She was right. I did get into trouble and my punishment was my entire family being murdered by the guy whose database I hacked into that night.

Hoping to calm myself down, I rub my hands against my legs but the shaking never subsided to my utter dismay. Taking in a deep breath, I started to get to work after my laptop switched on.

This wasn't something I couldn't do.

I just had to.

The NC was counting on me.

Hacking was easy, but the fact that I had to reopen old wounds doing it... that was the part getting to me, but hacking sometimes had its advantages.

I can track down the people who killed my family all those years ago, but of course Archie wouldn't let me do it. He says that it would be a bad move to try and find them because once I do; I won't think with my brain but with the hatred I have towards them and that would be the cause of my death.

"Pain and hatred makes you weak." He used to say. "You won't think about anything else but killing them, and that could lead to your downfall. Wait for the right moment to kill him. His day will come, but not today."

And Archie was right, because once I find those bastards who took my family from me, I won't have an ounce of remorse inside me. I will kill them on sight—and I will make sure that they won't leave this earth easily.

They deserve pain.

They deserve to feel what I felt that night when I saw my entire family being murdered right in front of my fifteen year old eyes, and when they feel that same pain I felt that night, they'll beg for mercy; mercy I will not give them.

I took yet another deep breath and went to work, my fingers gliding over the keys as I hacked into the docks' security cameras.

I wrote down everything I saw on a piece of paper in very accurate details, but the further I scanned for danger, the more disadvantages there were.