CHAPTER 09 ( PART ONE )

Chapter Nine Part OneRaya St Claire

Raya St Claire

Archie stops his SUV across from Geoffrey’s Club and switches off the ignition. He takes a good look at the place before he finally takes the keys out from the ignition and taking off his seatbelt. Even from the backseat where I was sitting, I could see the happiness radiating off of him. He was happy that the club has been reopened. It was good to see the club up and running again.

Geoffrey’s Club wasn’t really an ordinary nightclub. There weren’t bouncers outside ready to take in the ID’s of people who wanted to be let in because Geoffrey’s Club was a gang hangout mostly. No one really dared to come here. There were non-gang members who still came to Geoffrey’s, but they kept their distance from everyone. It didn’t stop guys trying to flirt with me, though.

I took my seatbelt off too, looking at the few people lingering outside the club, smoking their cigarettes and bobbing their heads to the music coming from inside. I recognised a few gang members from the Ravens, and I noticed Bear tensing up in the front seat.

Archie look at him. “We’re not going to have problems tonight, are we?”

Bear shakes his head stiffly.

“Good.” Archie says.

When the door to the club opened and someone stepped outside, I noticed the pulsing strobe lights and caught a glimpse of dancing bodies inside the club. I even caught a whiff of lemon and beer in the air, making my mouth water almost immediately. I’ve been craving Geoffrey’s take on gin and tonic with a wedge of lime and a touch of vodka added in to give the drink some more spice for a while now, and just thinking about having it tonight made me extra giddy.

Archie looks at me in the rear-view mirror and smiles at me. “Tonight is to celebrate the job and the club’s reopening. So have fun, you guys. Heavens know you deserve it.” He then looks at Bear seated in the passenger side, patting him on the shoulder as gently as he could. “And you should lighten up a little bit.” He says to Bear. “Life is short so you have to enjoy it while you can.”

Bear groans as a reply and Archie winks at me in the rear-view mirror.

All of us get out of the SUV and we notice the newcomer’s motorcycle parked in front of us. The other van Storm drove was parked right behind us and Nikko, Junior, Rossi and Storm got out of it too, walking towards us waiting for them.

The newcomer took off his helmet and ruffled his hair a little bit before he places the helmet onto the handlebars of the motorcycle before he joins us too.

I smile, smoothing down my short sleeveless mini dress, feeling the cold chill of the night’s breeze washing over me. I shiver on the spot, feeling it cascading down my entire back. Goose bumps erupt all over my bare arms and legs, but I just know that the alcohol Geoffrey’s about to serve me would heat me right up.