CHAPTER 17

Chapter SeventeenRaya St Claire

Chapter Seventeen
Raya St Claire

When I woke up the following morning, I realized that I didn’t wake up because of Bear’s loud and constant knocking against my poor door, but because I had this huge pulsing headache.

I missed Bear. I missed his sarcasm and his lame jokes. I even miss his damn knocking.

My heart aches just thinking about it, but there’s nothing I can do about it, about him hating me.

I truly hurt him by telling him that I didn’t feel the same way like he did about me, and I guess it kind of was justified because the signs were there now that I think back on it. He always put my needs before his own, and he was always more touchy than the rest of the boys, and even though I threatened him about it more than a million times, he still found ways to touch me; if it was to tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear or if it was fixing my ponytail when I sparred with one of the boys and my hands were taped, or if it was to massage my feet when it ached after being on my feet the whole day, he always found ways to tell me he loved me without saying that he did.

What the hell am I going to do? There’s nothing I could really do, but give him some time. I can’t talk to him, he ignores me flat out or he replies dryly to everything I do manage to say and when I look at him, he looks away fast, as if the idea of looking at me for too long repulsed him.

I sit upright with my back against the headboard and release a heavy sigh.

I miss my best friend.

The sky was grey today, telling me that the rain wasn’t quite over just yet, and to be honest, rain didn’t make me as cheery today as it did every other day. I was too upset, and the headache was causing me to be in a mood for absolutely nothing today. Usually the sound of the rain pitter-pattering against the windows and the roof made me excited, but today, not really so much.

The only thing I was grateful for was the fact that it wasn’t so warm anymore. I hated the humid air, and the sweat that would run down my back and cover my forehead because of the humidity. I also hated it when your clothes would stick to your body from being clammy from the sweat.

Just thinking about clammy clothes and sweat made me want to jump in a cold shower.

I swing my feet out of bed and get out of bed lazily.

I yawn as I made a beeline to my bathroom.

I close the door behind me, trudging towards the mirror in tiny, turtle-like steps. What I saw staring back at me was much worse than anything I have ever seen. Forget dark circles and hollowed cheeks, my cheeks were covered in smudged mascara and my eyes were bloodshot red.