CHAPTER 39

Chapter Thirty NineEzra Holmes

Chapter Thirty Nine
Ezra Holmes

Bear was leaned against the wall of the hallway, and when I neared him, he looked at me.

I wanted to tell him my real reasons for joining the gang, but I didn't want to tell him anything before I told Raya the entire story first. It's only fair that I tell her my side of the story first before Bear twists my words around into something sinister and untrue.

I think we were on good terms, but if I tell him my real reasons for joining the gang, there's no doubt in my mind that he would use it to poison Raya's mind, to tell her to stay away from me.

If I were in his shoes, I would do the same thing. I would protect her from someone like me, too.

He looks at me, noticing that I had a belly full of food and that I washed all the dry blood from every inch of my body.

Even though I washed the blood from my body, I could still feel how warm it felt when it seeped through my fingers as I tried to stop the bleeding. I could still feel her warm blood on my hands.

"Thank you for watching her while I was gone." I thank him, sincerely. "I know we aren't exactly on the best of terms, but I appreciate it a lot."

"We aren't on good terms." He says, before he grabbed the collar of my shirt. He then shoves me against the wall, causing me to knock my head against it. "I overheard your conversation with Archie."

My heart sinks.

It falls to the ground, and his words were like a boot straight to the heart.

"I know why you joined the gang."

"I can explain."

"I don't need to hear an explanation." Bear says, gripping the collar of my shirt tighter. "You wanted to kill her. You came here, wanting to kill her. She was one of your targets all this time."

"I never wanted to kill her. I wouldn't have gone through with it, anyways." I explain. "I would never hurt her, Bear. You have to believe me. Please. You have to believe me. I would never."

"She always had this sixth sense. She always knew that something was wrong with just one look, a single look, and when she saw you when you first arrived, she had this gut feeling that something with you was very off. She was right. Raya always is. You're a fucking rat." He spits.

"I love her."

Bear's eyes were filled with a kind of anger I have never seen in anyone's eyes before.