CHAPTER 24

Chapter Twenty FourRaya St Claire

Chapter Twenty Four
Raya St Claire

I feel a wave of déjà vu washing over me when I realized that there was nothing but darkness all around me. It reminded me of my nightmares, where there was nothing but darkness, but the only difference between my nightmare's darkness and this darkness is that there were sounds. I try to lift my hands, but they were tied behind my back, and there was a blindfold over my eyes.

I could only listen to the van's engine as they drove, revving every time they would speed up, and every time they sped up, I felt every single fucking bump in the road when the hard surface of the van would impale my stomach. It didn't help me very much that I was in a prone position.

When the van comes to a halt, I chuckle despite my circumstances. "I will kill every single one of you!" I try to lift my hands again, but it felt as if my arm got disconnected with my shoulder, so I kept lying down without struggling any further. I couldn't fight with a dislocated shoulder.

"That won't be necessary." A woman's voice says, it sounded like she was seated right beside me. "I'm here to provide you with valuable information."

I scoff through the thing I have over my head. "There's no information in the entire world that's of value to me." I hear the van's door sliding open and I feel someone strong lifting me carefully up by the arm, making sure not to drop me back onto the hard surface of the van again. Once they helped me outside the van, I felt the cool breeze against my skin, making me shiver.

The grip around my arm tightens, preventing me from moving a lot. They also prevented me from taking my chances to run away. I doubt I'll get any far anyways seeing that I had something over my head and I had no idea where I was, but a girl can try. I always try. Always.

"Who are you?" I finally ask, hoping that the woman would answer.

"An ally." She says, her voice coming from right beside me yet again.

"An ally who kidnaps people? I think not." I huff sarcastically.

The woman chuckles beside me. "If I wanted to hurt you, Raya, I would've done it already."

She knows my name.

I swallow hard, feeling my heart thumping inside my chest, against my ribcage.

"H-how do you know my name?"

The woman didn't answer me.

We started to walk away from the van. The ground scrunches underneath my shoes, and the trees rustling in the distance told me that we were somewhere abandoned yet again, somewhere where no one could hear or see me being kidnapped by this stranger who knows my name.