CHAPTER 28

Chapter Twenty EightRaya St Claire

Raya St Claire

"I've never noticed your tiny freckles before." Ezra says. "The sunlight is basically highlighting them right now, making them more visible than ever. I've never noticed them before until now." He traces a single finger over my cheekbone, over the brown dusting of freckles scattered there.

I was using his chest as a pillow. I could feel his steady heartbeat on my cheek.

I was tracing my finger over the tattoos he had on his chest, blushing at his words. I have never really taken notice to the slight details I might have inherited from my parents, but now that Ezra has mentioned my freckles, it made me think back on my mother, she also had a light dusting of freckles across her cheekbones, and she had a single dark one right underneath her right eye.

"You're making me feel self-conscious about them, and I've never felt self-conscious before."

"Don't," he says, "they're beautiful."

I tilt my head, looking up at him. "I never knew you could give out heartfelt compliments." I smile at him, looking into his cerulean coloured eyes with brown speckles hiding inside of them.

"Well, you never gave me a chance to give you a compliment before today." He says, smiling at me. "You always threatened me when I tried to compliment you. Remember when I said that you had a pretty smile, and you said I shouldn't compliment you?" He steals a lock of my hair, twirling it around his finger. "I never had a chance to compliment you after that day until now."

"Ray?"

My eyes widen on the spot, hearing Bear's voice coming from my room down the hallway.

"Can we talk please?"

I shoot out of bed, fully aware that I was butt-naked while trying to search for my clothes Ezra has strewn across his floor last night without me remembering where the hell he threw them.

"What's wrong?" Ezra asks with a frown settled between his eyebrows.

"Bear always wakes me up in the mornings." I tell him, finally spotting my shirt lying in the corner of his room. "If he notices that I'm not in my room, he's going to know about us!" I whisper-yell at him.

Even though neither of us apologized to each other yet, I know Bear still cared about me despite our ups and downs the last few days, and I didn't want to ruin the last thread of our relationship by him finding out that Ezra and I have spent the night together. It would absolutely shatter him.

"If he opens my bedroom door and realises that I am not there... it would worsen things between us and I don't think I'm ready for that, not again."