CHAPTER 06 ( PART THREE )

Chapter Six Part ThreeRaya St Claire

Raya St Claire

"We have to do something, and quickly." Bear says, eyeing the cars that were coming closer and closer the more we just stood there, watching their arrival.

The new recruit was on the boat now, the two guards he was supposed to take down ran with the others, but our problem wasn't the guards anymore, it was the three cars coming towards us.

The other gang members arrived and they want the goods we want, and they won't get it without a fight, and we won't get it without a fight either, so Archie's rule was going to be broken tonight if we wanted to break it or not.

He was not going to like that at all.

"I don't think we can do this non-lethally." I tell Bear, pointing the gun towards the first grey car when it parked near the docks. "I'll take the blame."

They didn't even give me a chance to shoot. They were already out of the cars, their guns ready and locked in on Bear and I without asking any questions at all.

The first gang member, presumably the boss, had his eyes straight on me. I didn't miss the way his lips curved upward in a satisfied smile. He claps his hands together, walking towards me despite me still pointing my gun at him.

"I thought I'd never live to see the day: a girl trying to rob me." He says, stopping a few feet in front of me with his cronies' right behind him. "Although I find this amusing, I don't want to end the night in bloodshed, little girl. I just came to get what's mine."

What the fuck was it with everyone calling me a little girl tonight?

They were begging for bullets in their skulls.

Bear growls beside me, stepping forward to shield be from whatever danger there might be tonight, and there will be danger, but I catch his arm and pull him back again so that he was standing beside me instead. If he dies, I die. There wouldn't be anything for me to live for if Bear, or anyone in the NC, died. "It's fine, Bear." I whisper under my breath, looking at him out of the corner of my eye. "I can handle this."

"And you're clearly outnumbered." The guy continues, rubbing the stubble underneath his pointy chin, looking between me and Bear.

I think he didn't notice Nikko on the roof and the new recruit on the boat yet, and I hoped he wouldn't notice them soon. I wanted at least two of us to get out of here alive, even if one of them had to be the damn newcomer.

"I had my men search the premises before we decided to come here." The guy says, tilting his head to the side. "You and your boyfriend here should just scamper away, go on a date and I'll forget that the two of you were ever here."