Pancakes Wanda x Reader

I've not proof read but I wanted to upload '

Wanda POV

I stare off blankly zoning out from everyone around me, solely focusing on y/n and the blond cuddled up to her on the sofa across from me.

She brought her girlfriend over for the avengers to meet, something about wanting our approval. Her girlfriend is sweet and I told y/n that I liked her and I was happy for her.

I hate myself for lying, don't get me wrong the girl is lovely and I hope she's happy but I can't ignore the twinge- no correction stabbing pain in my heart every time I watch her make y/n laugh. I don't think i've seen y/n this happy in like... well, ever.

I'm not sure how much longer I can sit her, I can already feel the burning spiking in my eyes as tears well up in my eyes. Her laugh blur into memories we shared.

Memory one- "Wanda stop, w-wanda i can't breathe." she giggles in between my tickles. I hover over her brushing her hair out of her face as she catches her breath. Her laughs fade into a smile as she stared up into my eyes.

Memory two- "I made you food!" she shouts bursting into my room. "why'd you make me food?" I groan rubbing my eyes to wake myself up. "it's valentine's day, i'm not letting you spend it alone." She smiles.

She climbs into bed with me sharing the pancakes. She stabs her fork into the pancakes "open." I stare at her until she raises her fork to my mouth. "open." She repeats and I do so.

Memory three- y/n rushes over to me as tears stream down my cheeks "Wanda what's up?" she asks. I sniffle my breathing shaky as I try to control my emotions.

I attempt to tell her why I was crying but before I manage to get the words out she speaks up. "You miss him don't you, your brother."

She knew before I could even tell her. I nod, her hands cup my cheeks her thumbs wiping my tears away."I'm here for you Wanda and I swear i'm never leaving you."

I stare back at her, her face distorted through my tears. She hugs me tight... so tight I don't think she's ever letting go.

I snapped out of my thoughts as a hand waves in front of my face, "Wanda..." a soft voice whispers. "Wanda." My head turn to follow the voice, meeting with Natasha. "hey what's up?" I ask her. "Wanda, I know you're thinking about her." She sighs, talking quietly not wanting to raise attention.

"i'm not." I whisper. "Wanda I can see it your eyes, you have to tell her how you feel." Dry the single that rolled down my cheek discreetly. "She's happy." I force a smile.

"She'd be happier with you. i'm tell you those feelings you keep bottled up are mutual. we've been best friends forever i'm literally her to protect you and keep you safe. At least leave, sitting here is only hurting yourself. I hate seeing you like this." Her words are quite but I can hear her loud an clear.

"I'm not feeling so well i'm going to go to bed." I excuse myself from everyone. The other avengers say goodnight. "Wanda are you okay?" y/n asks me, her girlfriend looking up at me smiling sweetly. "yeah just gonna lie down." I tell her.

y/n sat back down snuggling up to her girlfriend, my stomach flipping as I feel the dam holding back my tears start to crumble.

The feelings i have for y/n have always been there, when I think back to the first day we met. Her smile has always captivated me. I never realised my feelings until it was too late.

One night after finding out y/n had a girlfriend we had a small argument over nothing really but I had been ranting to Natasha and she'd yelled at me, telling me the only reason we were arguing was because i had feelings for her.

It was almost instant, once she'd said those words everything became clearer to me but I wasn't until she had to turn down our annual valentine's day tradition of pancakes to spend the day with her girlfriend that the pain really kicked in.

Then she'd come home late and miss dinner with me, and then we stopped laughing together like we used to and then I spent nights crying about my brother alone while she went on dates.

I loved seeing her so happy, but I wouldn't wish the pain I felt after those incidents on my worst enemy.

If only I hadn't been to late, maybe we'd have ended up together, maybe I would've told her how I felt. Maybe just maybe i would've woken up on valentine's day to pancakes and her... my beautiful girlfriend. And maybe just maybe she'd feel the same as I felt about her. Maybes get me nowhere.

"Wanda." A voice calls, followed by a series of knocks, a code, a code y/n and I made together. I quickly dry my tears but despite my best efforts my eyes were red, my cheeks flush, a distraught version of myself staring at me from the mirror hanging on the back of the sofa.

I open the door and y/n walks in. "are you okay?" she ask me. I nod and force a smile. If only she knew. "Wanda I know that's a lie, I know you've been crying." She frowns, sadness spread across her features.

"I just miss my brother." I lie. "Don't lie to me, this is different." She sighs. "Please just leave." I sniffle. "Wanda i'm not leaving until you tell me." Her voice raises. "I'm okay," she sakes her head "I love you." She frowns. "I love you too, but what's wrong?" she tells me.

"You're not listening y/n I love you." She stares at my blankly her face contouring as she try's to figure out what i'm telling her. "I know you love me." She says. I feel myself grow frustrated, the tears now streaming down my face.

"I love you, like I love you in a way that makes me crazy, in a way that makes me want to kiss you. I love you in a way that kills me every time I think of you with her." I collapse against the wall, falling to the floor.

She stares at me, blinking harshly, she sits at the edge of my bed her head hanging between her legs, her arms licked round the back of her neck.

"For how long?" she whispers her voice cracking through what I assume to be tears. "don't make me" she interrupts me "how long have you loved me for... like that?" she asks.

"I think for a long time." I admit.

"why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"What good does it do to dwell on the technicalities y/n common just leave me be. i'll get over it i'll be fine."

"If I had known, if you had told me... I would never have gotten with Jessica." Her words cut sharp. If id just realised sooner, things would've been different? Is that what she's tell me. "what's are you trying to say." I sigh.

"I loved you, i did so much to show you. I spent valentine's day with you. Id take care of you, heck I think I almost kissed you numerous times and nothing..."

"You loved me." She loved me, she had loved me, past tense. "I'm with Jess now." I gulp, pushing past the lump in my throat. My heart beating fast, hard and painfully.

"The love... it just went away?" I questioned. I stand from the floor to pace the room but her arms stop my movements. So i'm standing still in front of her.

I turn my head to avoid her gaze, I inhale deeply then exhale slowly. Im so tired, the crying, the emotions, the mental torture is draining me. "It will go away, the way I feel... it'll stop?" I ask her. "I don't know?" she whispers. Her body close to mine, radiating a soothing warmth.

"but you said loved." She places her hand on my chest, she must have taken note of my racing heart. "Wanda, I do love you, I still love you, I don't know why I lied.
I know that makes me an awful person and I know I shouldn't have gotten with jess." No, no she shouldn't have why would she do that if she still loved me?

I don't think any of that matters anymore. "I'm tired y/n." without her usual protest she walks out the door. I slumped down onto my bed curling up, wrapping my body in the soft blankets.

*click* I woke to the sound of my door opening the *click* the door closed. I refuse to roll over and greet whoever stood behind me. I heard them place something down on my nightstand. A body climbed into my bed. "Go away" I muttered, still feeling the hurt of last night.

They didn't move, I ask them to move again, becoming more frustrated I sat up and turned over. Y/n was sitting there with pancakes on my nightstand. She smiled at me and I rub my eyes making sure I was seeing what I thought I was. "I spent valentine's day with the wrong girl."

The sun blared through my blinds, dancing over her skin. "Jessica." I whisper, not wanting to ruin the perfect image in front of me. Worried I'd reignite the painful conversation from last night. "It's over, I picked the wrong girl even when she was right in front of me." She confessed.

i'd wanted to say so much, shout at her, ask her why she didn't tell me first, ask her why she got with jess to begin with but that was all irrelevant.

But right now all all I want to do is eat the pancakes. We laugh and smile as the pancakes filter down to an empty plate and two forks.

She picked the plate up and took it to the kitchen, the cold surrounding me as she leaves. I sat in my bed for a moment contemplating what i've now decided to do.

I ran after her to the kitchen ignoring everyone else around us. I pull on her waist spinning her around. "what are you doing?" she laughs.

I lean into her my lips mesh with hers delicately, as every feeling i've felt for her spoke through my actions. I pull away opening my eyes to see her face shocked, but still nonetheless, smiling. "i've been waiting for you to do that for a long time." She whispers. "so have we!" the other avengers yell out laughing.