Professor 2- The affair Wanda x Reader

This story is another professor Maximoff story, it does not continue from my last this will hopefully be a series with multiple parts if you enjoy it. 

Hello and welcome to professor 2- the affair. Wanda x Reader

Wanda's POV

"Serena!" I shout as I walk through the front door but with no response I shout again "Serena!" once again there's no response. I'm getting tired of this, I come home most days to an empty house, my wife nowhere to be seen.

It's sad, you know we have such a big dining table and yet I sit here most nights eating alone, a king-sized bed that almost always empty. We've been married for three years, I moved to New York for her, I found myself a job at a university.

I made compromise after compromise so she could take the CEO job she was offered and yet she doesn't seem to give me anything. I enjoy the little time we do have together but things have started to feel different.

A large dark oakwood furnished house, with expensive modern décor creates such a warm inviting atmosphere it's a shame its cold and empty most of the time.

I sit in the living room finishing a bottle of wine when I hear her call my name "Wanda, babe I'm home." It's 11pm where the hell has, she been. "Babe?" she calls out again.

"In the living room." I shout back. She runs over to me, a huge smile on her face as she hugs me, I don't reciprocate the affection. "What's up?" she questions, her voice laced with concern.

"I'm going to bed." I state blankly, shaking from her arms. "Common what's up?" she questions again.

"Your never here I'm tired of this and I'm sick of eating alone I hate it here." I shout frustration heavy in my tone. She shakes her head to say 'no' rolling her eyes.

"Wanda I'm sick of this argument we go over and over this all the time, it's my job there's nothing I can do... I love my job you know this."

I scoff getting ready to lose my shit "It's always fucking late Serena, because you're NEVER here and I know you love your job, so do I but I'm starting to think you love that job more than me."

"Oh, common don't be fucking ridiculous you know that's not true." I roll my eyes at her.

"So go on a date with me tomorrow, it's a Friday, let's do date night like we used to."

She pulls out her phone "Let me check my calendar," I shake my head at her again "I have a meeting with Mr. Davies at 7 they usually run for longer than necessary, but I could probably do 9ish."

"Serena no, I don't want to be a part of your fucking calendar as a little reminder you have a fucking wife. I don't want to be pencilled into your schedule." Frustration clear in my voice as tears attempt to fall down my cheek.

"I can't win with you, I fit you and you're mad, I don't fit you in and your mad." She scoffs.

"Don't you get it I don't want to 'fit in' I should come first." She throws her arms out as if to say 'what?' I grab my phone and walk off.

"I'm going to bed; you can stay down here." I tell her with my back to her, I can hear the hurt as sobs leave her mouth. I know she doesn't want to hurt me but this, us, me and her, we're not working.

--

I wake up in the morning to once again an empty bed, reminding me of the argument from the night before. I look in the mirror to see my eyes dark and red from the lack of sleep and crying, I have no choice but to get ready and cover my face before I teach my lecture.