The Gala pt 1. Natalia X Reader

y/n POV

The gala, I had an invitation posted through my door last week to a gala I knew I had no place attending. It was high class citizens from up state, people very much more prim and proper compared to myself.

But for some reason I had the urge to attend regardless, my name was on the invite, it was definitely meant for me... so why not attend.

Walking into the gala refreshed me with a newfound confidence as I surprisingly managed to blend in well, but my undertone of nerves was still very much present.

My eyes meet with a dark green pair, a woman with shoulder length red hair in a tight black catsuit, which definitely didn't fit the occasion. Her face is plain lacking all emotion but still red paints her lips.

She has two guns holstered at her sides and black combat boots. How intriguing.

Who is she?

But as fast as she was there, she was gone, her figure fading into nothingness among the crowds.

Bright lights searing down on us, beaming from the ceiling. Dresses sparkling reflecting the lights off into various directions. Glasses clinking together, containing liquid far more expensive than one can comprehend.

People darting up and down the floor in slow dances. Dapper suits with fancy ties decorating the men and occasionally some women. Though most of them wore dresses or slightly more 'feminine' suits like my own.

Navy slacks clung to my skin pared with the same navy shade blazer, underneath lay a rather scandalous white lace bodysuit. Which was definitely made for other purposes than a gala.

People stuck with their dates, taking every chance to emphasise the fact they were in a relationship. Only I would come alone to a gala like this one.

My eyes dance across the floor watching various couples intertwine with their moves until my eyes lock with that same green pair I'd seen earlier. Her eyes stay focused on mine, not once did her gaze break form mine as she moves across the floor.

Once again, her figure fading into nothingness, blending into the crowds.

Until she appears again, creeping up behind me like some kind of spy, tapping my shoulder, startling me. I notice her black catsuit has now been traded for a lowcut black dress, short and sparkly paired with black glossy stilettos.

"Hi?" I question.

"I'd like to get straight to the point," I nod with furrowed brows "what you saw earlier, forget it, you're going to do me a favour and distract that man for me over there."

"And why would I do that?" I question harshly, slightly annoyed at her overly assertive manner. Who is she to tell me what do? I want nothing to do with her antics.

"Because," she looks deep into my eyes "I'm asking for a favour, after you do this for me Ill make this up to you." I roll my eyes.

"I don't even know your name miss shady behaviour, what makes you think id want anything from you anyway." She tilts her head in a sultry manner pulling her lip in between her teeth.

"Natalia." She brings her hand up to shake mine, her grasp is firm and yet I've never felt anything so soft. Her thumb grazes circles over my hand, as she holds on longer than id expected.

"I'm sure you'll think of something you want from me." She husks. I lick my lips sweetly "I'll get thinking." She winks at me and my stomach churns.

"Well while you do that, go make yourself useful and flirt with him. He's a trashy man, complement him bat you lashed at him, flash your pretty little smile, he'll fall into your hands like putty then get him drunk."