Professor 2- The Affair pt 3. Wanda X Reader

Part 3

Wanda's POV

I head up to my room changing into pyjamas as Serena walks through the door. "Hey." She whispers as we both take a seat on the bed. The Awkward silence stifling between us until her words cut through like knife "Wanda... what's happened to us?"

I shrug, taking a breath preparing myself "I have to tell you something." I whisper, taking a pause to try and find the words to tell her I cheated. "Please don't leave me." She responds, clearly taking words completely wrong.

"I'm going to cut down my hours and I'm going to come on time. If you'd like we can do date nights again and we'll go see your brother at Christmas... get away from the city for a little while." Tears stream down my face. I've wanted her to say these words for so long, but she was too late.

She's finally saying all the right things, but I don't care, they hold no value to me anymore because for some strange reason when I picture Christmas dinner with family- I no longer picture her there.

When I think of Friday night dates, I don't think of the fancy restaurants she used to take me to, or the shows in the theatres. For some reason I picture feeling like a teenager again, eating take out in the car, singing. I picture dancing in the living room in oversized t-shirts as the sun comes up.

Is its childish and naïve of me to believe that I could have this?

Is it wrong of me to not want it with her?

"You're not saying anything... Wanda please say something."

"I need a break... I'm not saying this is over and I'm not saying I want a divorce, but I don't know what I want and I'd just like some time to figure it out." I sob breathlessly, she doesn't respond for a while.

"For how long?" she finally whispers.

"I'm not sure, I guess we'll just see what happens." She doesn't say anything, she nods and starts packing her bags.

"I didn't say you had to go, I'm the one who wants the break... I'll leave." She shakes her head, her blond hair tossing to and fro. "My sister lives twenty minutes away, I will stay with her." I agree with my silence, still not really wanting to talk.

--

I help her carry her bags to the car to then say our goodbyes. "Are there any rules to this break?" she asks.

I shake my head "no, no rules." I say quietly as tear threat to fall down my cheeks urging me to become the emotional wreck that I feel on the inside.

"I guess this is goodbye." I nod. "I guess it is."

She leans in to kiss me one last time, my heart wrenching as guilt floods my body.

Oh, how I wish those were someone else's lips.

Oh, how wrong it is of me to wish such a thing.

--

Y/n POV

I wait outside her office, coffee in my hands. I smile at her as she walks up to the door, I hand her over a coffee and follow her into her office.

"It's early, what are you doing here at this time?" she questions nonchalantly. She smiles happy at me, but her eyes show sadness, and I can't help but wonder why. Even with such an urge to fix her problems and find out what's wrong I chose to ignore it.

The makeup on her face showing she had no intention of letting anyone see this sadness and because of that probably she wouldn't want to talk about it.