Chapter 2 - UNCANNY

She felt her knees tremble as she walked into Madam Lily's office. She was called along with four other girls and was simply informed that they would be contracted for a VIP.

She was fidgeting as she felt her body cringe over the thought of who could be the VIP and amongst all five girls that were summoned, she was the youngest.

She's only been in Madam Lily's employ for three months now. As soon as she turned 18, she has decided to change her fate. She wanted to get a job that would instantly help her earn a huge amount of money.

She has been in the foster care system for as long as she could remember. That's been her life ever since her mother abandoned her when she was still ten. She's been passed along several families, with some of them she escaped from the moment she notices how they'd get extra touchy towards her.

When she was seventeen, she was almost raped by her foster brother who happened to be under the influence of drugs. It was good that his girlfriend got into the house just in time. As soon as she found the opportunity, she ran away and never turned back.

She roamed the streets of New York with nowhere to go, no bed to sleep on and no food to feed herself. She's met a few more tragedies along the busy and cunning streets and working now and then in small stalls offering her pennies for compensation. Just enough to let her feed herself for a day or so.

She wanted to have her own house. Her own place where she could rest her seven years long tired body.

A home where she could eat a healthy meal and bathe herself with clean warm water.

On her 18th birthday, she met this duo, both were about twenty-two and were very sophisticated when they walked into this pancake house she's hanging out now and then.

She goes there with the hopes that the owner would have free pancakes or pies for the day. Somehow, that helped her get through the day, and in return, they sometimes ask her to run some errands. She often gets to clean the kitchen or throw away their trash every night. Thrash that she also scavenge now and then for things she can swallow for the following day.

"Hey!" one of the ladies, a brunette standing about 5'6 tall approached her with a brown bag, "I noticed that you've been waiting here for some time. Maybe you'd like some pancake?" she handed her this brown bag that still felt really hot.

Guess it was her lucky day, she thought. Without any hesitation, she accepted the bag and started munching on some of the food that was on the bag.

"How old are you?" the other girl who just threw away her cigarette butt, came to where they were standing too.

"I'm officially 18 today," she spoke while her mouth was half-full.

"Have you been loving the streets for long?"  the brunette asked once again.

"Just for some time now. I ran away from home"

There was a short silence that filled the air once she said that.

Both the girls looked at each other. Then the blonde one wearing a perfectly red stiletto placed her hands on her hips and said, "How do you like to earn some cash and you know, have a really good home?"

Her eyes suddenly brightened the moment she heard what she was saying.

"For real?" but then she stopped when something hit her, "wait, is it something illegal? Because I don't want to be in any illegal job."

Both girls smiled.

"We're definitely legal but, the job is not for everyone."

She hesitated all the more. Soon both girls invited her into a coffee shop where they gave her an idea of what their job was.