Chapter 18 - GISELLE

She stepped out of the limousine that she was riding with her red stilettoes peaking out of the car first. Keld remained inside the ride as she clasped her hands on her pearl-trimmed circle bag in beige paired with her red pencil dress. She covered her eyes with the latest Ray-ban sunglasses she have.  

The heels of her shoes started clacking against the cemented floor. Her body guard was walking along with her as she entered the huge bank where Giselle said they'd meet. 

As soon as she was inside, she'd automatically spotted her. 

"Please wait here." she whispered to her body guard. 

The muscled man accompanying her stood still in one of the corners of the bank. She walked towards where Giselle is. 

"I thought we agreed to you coming here alone?"

"I hope you understand that with what's going on right now, I need him around. One is not much of a crowd is it?"

"Well, I guess I can at least allow one."

"So why am I here?"

"Follow me."

Giselle soon led her to an underground passage  as they passed by one of the rigidly looking security guard of the bank. 

Giselle opened a cell like opening and turned left to another entry. They were soon inside the bank's vault where their client's jewelries or personal belongings are kept. 

They were walking another stretch of pathway surrounded by safety deposit boxes in copper colors that were almost vintage in their appearance. 

After a few minutes, they stopped in front a safe with the numbers 1022 written in it. 

"Your key please?" Giselle motioned to her.

So that's what it was for. She thought. She gathered the key she placed in her necklace and inserted it on the other keyhole as Giselle at the same time inserted her copy of the key.

They both heard a clicking sound which meant that they have successfully opened the safety deposit box. 

"1022? Huh." she huffed. 

"Familiar?" Giselle sounded sarcastic. 

"That's my Birthdate."

"Well, that's a shocker."

"What do you mean?" 

"Because that is exactly why Kara chose that particular number."

"What do you mean?"

"That's her birthdate too."

Shock was an understatement with what Giselle is saying. is it even possible that she and Kara are related?

 "Beats me too right?" Giselle saw how confused she looked. At that moment she was now bringing out the content of Kara's safety deposit box.

"Wait, why are you showing this? Isn't this Kara's?"

"She gave all of the contents inside this box to me with the highest confidentiality. She didn't want anyone knowing about this account, not even her own family. The day before she was reportedly missing, she dropped by and gave me a small brown envelope telling me to add it up to what she's been keeping in her account. As I've told you, she isn't what everyone thinks of her. She's keeping too many secrets that she needed someone else to keep it for her. Without that someone knowing exactly what it is that's inside these boxes."

"Do you have any idea what it's all about?"

"She gave me a few information of all that's inside the safe. I know more than enough about her secrets and the things she's been keeping from her family, her friends and even her lovers."