Chapter 19 - KARA'S JOURNAL

She was staring at the envelopes for the longest time she could remember. She got into the safe house for an hour now but all she has done was stare at the envelopes. He hands were clasped around the mug she filled with newly brewed coffee. It's aroma filling her nose as her mind is running wild with curiosity. 

After enough time of hesitation, she placed her cup on top of the kitchen bar and grabbed all the envelopes. She slumped down on the sofa as she started opening one of the envelopes. 

The first one she opened had various documents in it. They were ownership certificates of particular properties. One is even in Miami. They were all named after Kara. Another one of the property is in the suburbs while the other one is an apartment located in the city. There were also documents such as her birth certificate, passports and some other duplicated ID's. She wondered what they were for, and ever since she's been into movies, she often see those kind of things from fugitives or special ops in movies. 

She carefully placed them back inside the envelopes as she proceeded on opening the next one. 

This one contained certificates of ownership of various art collections, provenance and signed statements of authenticity. There's almost a hundred of them. With the short training and crash courses she's had, she knew that most of the paintings and art works that were on those papers are from very well known artists. Which means, most of them have high value. They may cost millions of dollars if you choose to actually sell them. 

She once again carefully placed the papers back into the envelopes as she grabbed the last envelope. This one obviously did not contain any papers on it. 

She slowly opened the ribbon that tied the envelope. Inside it is a DVD and a memory card. Her browse arched as wonders started growing on her mind. 

She gathered the memory card and quickly took it to her room while grabbing the envelopes along with her. She grabbed her smart phone as she inserted it in the designated slot. 

As soon as the memory card was recognized by her phone, a bunch of audio recordings started to fill out her screen. The recordings run since way back 2012. She scrolled through every one of them and was amazed as to how almost everyday, she had audio recordings. 

She randomly picked one of the recordings. She plugged in her head phones and closed her eyes as she succumbed to the sound of Kara's voice. 

"Hi! It's me again. Sometimes, I think all these that I'm doing does not make any sense." her voice started filling her ears. They were so soft that anyone would think she's an angel just from the sound of her voice. She heard her sigh on the audio. "I wish I have someone that I could share my feelings to. Someone I could literally just tell everything. My family is so messed up that I don't think I'll ever get out of all of these fiasco anytime soon."

It was a recording from the year 2013. In her estimate, Kara must have just been seventeen years old, and yet she spoke with so much depth that it was too bothersome. 

She browsed for more of the recordings.

"He's was sitting across me again today. On the cafeteria, where we usually meet. I love how he is so shy and yet, I catch him watching me in silence. I wish he'd already ask me out. Perhaps it would be even more wonderful. These special co-incidences we have makes me smile and always long for the day to end so I could see him again in this corner we share." for some reason, she felt hurt knowing that it was Keld she's talking about. 

She hated thinking how someone else may have a special affection with Keld. But she had to accept the fact that Kara was Keld's true love. And as much as she'd want to replace her in his heart, it may be too impossible.