Chapter 27- DO YOU BELIEVE IN FATE?

The party has died down and all that could be seen in the Osmond property was the afterglow of their masquerade party. Slowly, the presence of their guests has died down and every light used started to fade one by one as the housekeepers started doing their usual assignments. 

Victor Osmond just bid his goodbyes with the last guests leaving. 

He sighed as he reached out a glass of wine from the tray brought by one of the waiters cleaning up after the last house guests has left. 

He sipped from the glass of wine and turned his eyes towards the now dim lighted garden maze. 

Soon enough he heard the clacking sound of someone's shoes from behind him. 

"Did she meet you?"

"Yes, she did." she stepped forward, leaning at the steel rail of their balcony looking out the maze garden. 

"How was it?"

"She looked exactly like Kara. It was.. uncanny." her eyes steadied into the now dark area of the maze. She heard her husband chuckle as he kept sipping from his wine.

"What is so funny?"

"Nothing."

"What is it?"

He looked at her and wrapped his arms around her. 

"Life could be very ironic. We wanted someone naive and would agree to whatever we'd ask her to do. Someone who would soon fulfill our wishes. Turns out, we don't really have to go looking for her anywhere else. That woman could actually become our Kara."

"What do you mean?"

"Let's keep up this whole facade. Let her pretend to be Kara as long as she needs to be while we take it as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to continue doing what we really need to do. Pretty much, right at this moment, she has no idea what she has gotten herself into."

Chloe stiffened the moment she felt her husband squeeze her shoulders. 

"You won't do anything that would compromise our plans would you?"

"Of course not."

"Good. That is very good my dear wife."

"Also,.."

He turned towards her again. 

"Keld was here. It seemed like he was fetching her."

His loud, boisterous laughter started filling the entire mansion as he walked towards his own office. As got farther and farther, the crisp sound of his laughter also left creeping echoes against the entire mansion. 

Chloe hugged herself as the chilling wind started blowing. She pressed on some numbers in her phone and waited for the ringing sound to end. 

Someone's voice started to fill the earpiece as she sighed and closed her eyes. 

"Would you know if she's seen it?"

"She hasn't." the supple sound of someone's voices on the other end of the call said casually. 

She turned off her phone once again as she felt her tears fall involuntarily. 

Everything has just turned more and more complicated. Despite all her efforts, things will keep going out of hand. 

 She dialed another set of numbers once again and smiled as soon as she heard her eldest son's voice.

"Levi, your mama needs you."

"What is it, Mama?" he worriedly answered on the other line. 

"Ibiza."

It was all she needed to say, and then the line ended.