Chapter 43 - CINQUE TERRE

"In a sudden turn of events, Governor Victor Osmond was declared dead last night after a police operation infiltrated their residence. The said operation ended at one of the biggest pharmaceutical factories in the city that's said to be illegally operating genetic manipulation. During the said operation, thirteen missing women were also found inside the pharmaceutical factory. These women were said to have been abducted for DNA implants. And all these were said to have been initiated by the Governor himself."

That news filled the entire city and, at the same time, shocked a lot of people. In every news outlet, Victor Osmond and his wife's face filled the whole screen. 

Nora took a deep breath before she would get inside the prison cell once again. 

Liam was already inside the small interrogation room waiting for her. The moment she stepped in, she could see him feeling agitated, unsettled. 

She silently sat on the chair across from him. He asked for her. She had planned on getting with him as well. 

"So, are you getting me out of here?" his tone has suddenly changed since the last time they talked. Liam used to be arrogantly telling her that she could expect nothing from him to that one man who now looked desperate. 

She meekly smiled and looked at him. 

"No Liam, you're staying here. Forever."

"What? I thought.."

"I wanted to, help you. But as it turns out, you are every bit guilty. As of today, every single evidence has been taken into court. And the way I look at it, perry much, you'd be in here forever." she dramatically turned her head around the whole place, implicating that this place will be his forever home. 

 "No."

"The saddest part of all this is how I was convinced that you actually really did love her."

Silence filled the small room. She could hear Liam's fingers tapping the table endlessly. His feet were tapping along with his fingers below the table. 

"I did Love her."

"Oh yeah?" she gazed at him with the most dangerous eyes he'd ever expect, "I know what you did Liam. You were screwing Chloe Osmond while basically being married to her. You are all the worst people in this world. And you knew about her deals. How she's practically being sold to every single associate her father had. But you didn't do anything about it. The worst part is how you too, took advantage of her. The worst was not burying her. She deserved at least that. You make me sick!"

Her green eyes penetrated his now shivering soul. He was hoping she'd help him. But this will never become his winning moment at all. 

"You think you can keep me in here? You can't!" his agitated face has now turned to anger. "I loved her and she knew it but she was a bitch. A bitch who consistently broke my heart."

"And because of that, you wanted to break her apart didn't you?" she sighed, her heart feeling sorrowful with what she just heard. "You were never the right guy Liam. She was sick, she was abused and you were never the right guy. You never understood what she really wanted. And all you did was give her something that's much, much worse than she's already had. So now, you'll be stuck here. I will make sure of that."

She soon stood up and left him alone.

"You have to let me out of here. No." 

Everyone has turned their back against him. Even his family has turned against him the moment they heard about what he did. 

And now, he'll have to pay for all the years that have passed. 

++++

The steep hills and sheer cliffs overlooking the Mediterranean filled his eyes. He's in Cinque Terre, a beautiful place in Italy that has appeared in Luna's postcards very often. 

He just arrived and has been walking all around the town, hoping to find her. By noon, he was sweating endlessly and frustrated. He decided to step inside a simple restaurant just around the corner of the next town he was walking around. 

He sat on the stool behind the bar and asked for cold water. 

He wiped his sweat as he started drinking from the glass of water. 

He didn't waste any time after leaving the safe house. He flew that same day and started looking for her. 

Unfortunately, he's been unlucky since this morning. 

He looked around and admired the interior of the restaurant. It looked to be a restaurant with rooms available for a short stay on the second and third floors of the edifice. It was overlooking the beautiful sea and the landscape of the whole town. 

"Una birra per favore per me e il signore laggiù." he heard someone from the other end of the bar speak. Something about her voice made him turn his head towards her. 

And just as he did that, the bartender placed a bottle of beer in front of him. 

"My treat." she sweetly smiled at him.

His mouth dropped wide open as he saw the beautiful woman sitting four seats across from him. Before he could even react, she stood up from the stool and turned her back against him. 

"Grazie." Devon turned to the bartender and left some bills. 

His eyes followed the woman who just offered him a beer. She was getting into the massive staircase without looking back. 

He smiled as he, too, started following her. 

The place was excellent, with beautiful interiors that allowed warm natural lights into the premises. 

He didn't want to lose her, so he continued following her.

She was walking into the long porch of the second floor, drinking from the bottle of beer she took along with her as she went upstairs. 

He's being captivated, and he has no plans of swaying. 

Soon, she opened the door to a room at the end of the porch. It's separated from the rest of the rooms and seems to stretch endlessly. 

The room was kept open as he continued to follow her. 

He hesitated to step inside, but his curiosity got the best of him. He got in and looked for the woman he was following. 

The room that welcomed him was overwhelming. It had windows on both sides, and the Mediterranean air came flowing through and through. 

The curtains were flowing through and through, looking feather-like. 

The next thing he knew, he heard the loud bang of the door behind him. 

There she was leaning against the door with her V-neck dress flowing against her hourglass figure. 

His eyes squinted, trying to see if he knew her. 

Then she smiled. 

"What took you so long?" 

"Luna?"

She nodded. 

And just like that he came crushing against her and bestowed her a kiss. 

She wrapped her legs around him as he mounted her against the door. 

"I have to take care of my sister."

"Is she okay now?"

"She's in a good place now."

"That's good to know."

She cupped his face and kissed him again hungrily. 

How she missed him..