Chapter 26 - 120

She followed the usher towards the room where she's supposed to meet her mother. 

Her eyes moved along with every room she passes by. The long hallways have doors on almost every side of it that she wondered how many people were actually really living there? They stopped in one of the most prominent rooms in there. Soon the usher opened the door and motioned for her to get in. 

She slowly stepped inside, cautious of what's waiting for her. As she fully gets inside, a woman in her half-faced mask welcomed her with the warmest hug she could ever imagine. 

Something in her was feeling so intense. It was as though her blood was leaping out of her veins. She hugged the woman back like she was her very own mother. 

After all, it was what she's meant to play. 

She was gently pulled into the couch that was inside the room. 

This is it, she's facing Chloe Osmond, the woman in the household. 

"I can't believe what's happening right now."

She simply smiled. 

"Can I see your face? Please." 

She sighed. She could hear the desperation behind her voice. She lifts her hands and untied the ribbon behind her head. 

She slowly unveiled her face and stared right through Chloe's eyes. 

The shock was an understatement of the face she saw. She was definitely unprepared for what she was seeing. 

"Kara, it really is you. But..."

"But what?"

"I saw you that day. I saw the bullet hole in your head. Tell me that was a joke."

She simply bowed her head down.

"They said I may be delusional for thinking that you're still alive. And that you're just someone who's pretending to be my daughter. But I can't be wrong. Those eyes you have will never deceive me. I have those very same eyes. And this.. this feeling. Do you feel it too? This intense beating in my veins telling me that you really are my daughter, that's all I could feel right at this moment. So I--I can't be wrong. You are my daughter. I don't know how all those things happened. But all I could say right now is that I am happy you are alive." she paused for a while, "But I haven't seen you for six years. Did Liam really kept you away from us?"

Keld has once told her that Chloe is a great actress and that she may get to convinced with her demeanor and the way she would act out in front of her. And indeed, she can definitely say, she truly did a great job today. 

She could see her eyes welling up, but something inside her also feels truly awful for the woman. 

"I missed you so much, Kara." Chloe hugged her tightly once again. All this while she could still feel that different kind of warmth she has never experienced ever since. A different kind of unfamiliar feeling that she just could not define. "Can I maybe see you after this? Away from everyone else?"

"I don't think I'm allowed to do that. Not right now at least."

Chloe nodded in understanding.

"I--I get it. I'm sorry for all this trouble. I know you've gone through so much. It's just that, I haven't seen you for a very long time. And here you are right in front of me, but I just-- I can't even talk to you personally. It pains me to see your face every day on my television and all I could do is drink my sadness out. I haven't been myself for the past few days. Just seeing you on that day on my television was such a miracle for me."