Chapter 24 - THE OSMOND PARTY

She's been listening and watching to Kara's recordings endlessly, and she's getting bored. 

She removed her earphones after just listening to kara talking about her brother Levi. She stood up and saw in passing the invitation handed to her for tonight's party.

She sighed and pondered for a moment. Two days have passed since the entire making-out session with Keld happened and up until now, she still feels rejected. She just honestly want all of this pretending to end. She couldn't wait until Liam would finally confess what really happened to Kara. But at the same time, she couldn't help but think about how easy things could be if Keld chose to just inform police officials about Kara's video. 

Clearly, something else was up and she feels blind-sided by all of it. 

She crossed her arms against her chest. It was now five in the afternoon. Soon enough, the party will start. 

She grabbed her phone and called out Sierra's number. 

"Hey! This is a surprise." she heard her squeak on the other line. 

"Hi. Can I ask for a favor?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"I wanna get out of here. I'd like to attend this party of the Osmonds."

"No way!"

"Why?"

"Well, I'm going there too. Turns out one of the Osmond brothers is suddenly so into Luna that she's been commissioned for a night to join him at that party. And since as you know, outside arrangements are still on hold, Madam Lily asked him for a favor, so she got me a ticket so I could maybe help out in watching out for Luna."

"Really?" something in her mind started to formulate. Could it be? "Well, I'm bored and I really need to come to this party. Can you help me escape?" she sounded a little bet someone who's begging. 

"Of course. Just tell me how can I get there without being seen by your gorgeous bodyguards." Sierra giggled on the other line. 

"Of course."

She started giving Sierra instructions including the times when her bodyguards are usually on break. As soon as the phone was turned off, she grabbed her running outfit and covered it with a jacket. She put in her earphones, grabbed the invitation secretly, and started stepping out of the safe house. 

She has calculated Sierra's travel time and pretty much she should be able to ruse her bodyguard who will be accompanying her with her run. 

She smiled at each one of them as she started sprinting while listening to her playlist. 

She reached the entrance of the forest and noticed that one of the bodyguards followed her allowing a good enough distance from her. She started swiftly running towards her usual route inside the forest. Her bodyguard is still able to catch up with her. 

Nora made sure that the bodyguard was already looking lenient before she started dashing. She made sure not to look back as she knows, it would just slow her down. 

That speed she was at startled her bodyguard. She's been running the whole forest for some time now and she's quite familiar with it, and that made her confident that he would not be able to catch up to her. 

She saw how her bodyguard stub himself in one of the huge tree's massive roots. He fell and called out to his walkie-talkie for backup. She grinned as she knows it would still take time for them to get into the middle of the forest. 

She circled back into one of the areas she knew was a shortcut towards the actual entrance of the safe house. 

Dashing as fast as she can, she started seeing Sierra's car not far away from her.