Chapter 13 - LETHAL

The cold feel of the hand cuffs were pressing against his trembling hands.

Liam has never been imprisoned ever before, and the thought of him being in there just scare the shit out of him.

By noon of this day, he's officially declared a fugitive. His family could not bear thinking about what happened and how all of this has turned out really wrongly for their family.

The Osmond family has chosen to be silent about the entire incident but has promised him that they would help him get out of there.

All he ever wanted was to be a good businessman. But now, his association to the Osmond family has him caught up in the middle of the weirdest possible turn of events.

He's now being prepped for his meeting with his family's lawyers. At noon today, they found evidences of his finger prints inside an old two story house not too far from where his and Kara's residence was located.

A place he had absolutely no idea of. In some strange ways, his finger prints ended up being in that house he has never even been to.

He sat down on the stool that was designated for him.

They were inside a private room that he is a hundred percent certain has a one way mirror in it.

His lawyer stepped in along with another man. Someone who was wearing a badge in his belt.

"Mr. Liam Miller."

"Yes."

He motioned for the lawyer to sit down beside him as he sat on the seat across him.

"My name's Detective Morris, I'm the lead investigator of your case. I'd like to ask you of your whereabouts on these particular days."

He started asking him questions about random dates that he could no longer remember where he was at.

"Look, I can't honestly recall what I have been doing in all of those days. A person could just remember too little don't you think?"

"I'd like you to think really hard of what you are telling me right now. Because these dates I have been telling you are not just random dates. These are all dates that Miss Osmond has specifically highlighted in her affidavit. So I need you to be absolutely certain of how you would answer me moving forward."

He started feeling the sweat from his forehead. Gradually, the detective asked questions of where he was on particular day. Yet all he could remember during those days was that he was at home alone sniffing his usual dose of drugs.

Yes, it is his reality. After Kara's death, he almost lost his sanity. He could not stop but think about everything that has happened and how her family reacted about her death.

As the detective was asking him questions, he could not stop but ask why he is the one who's in here.

His mind recalled everything that happened that night.

"What do I Do?" his troubled mind and trembling body stood frightened in front of her parents and brothers. They all came down to their property the moment he called them telling them what happened.

A long silence filled the entire house. Victor was caught up in deep thoughts.

He just told them that their daughter is dead and that she has committed suicide. But the only person whom he saw was genuinely sad was her mother. She had to go to her and hug her for the longest time he could remember while the four of them were facing each other.

His fear got the best of him and he did not even managed to call the right people. His panic set in and he moved her body out from the garage towards the living room and let her lay down their sofa.