Chapter 8 - A PIECE OF THE GAME

She's seen the view from the sky as she, Sierra, and Luna found themselves in a private plane ten minutes after their chaotic preparation. They had no clue where they were going and Keld would not even spill any details.

But as soon as the skies have paved from where she was looking, her heart was beating faster than she's ever imagined. The perfectly shaped truss from below excited her. It was then that she has concluded, they will soon be landing in Paris.

She looked at him as he too met her stare and smirked sheepishly.

"You're very sneaky Mr. Ellison."

"I thought you deserve at least a short trip. I've also arranged a visit with your previous foster family."

All of a sudden, she felt her heart jump with joy.

"But how did you find them?"

"Well, there were a few connections I needed to use to find them."

"I can't thank you enough. This is already too much for me."

"It's the least I can do for you."

She thought about the contract. Perhaps he was doing this to woe her into signing it. Still, it felt really good being taken care of by someone. She could think of all possible reasons such as the contract, but being spoiled by him truly brings so much joy for her.

In a few minutes, they landed safely and both Luna and Sierra could be any more excited with where they are right now.

They were welcomed by a limousine ready to take them to their accommodation. Their eyes were filled with all Paris could offer as they stared out of the window while sipping champagne inside the limo. Keld on the other hand was talking to someone over the phone as and all she could do was stare out to him hoping he'd for once take his eyes and mind off whatever was bothering him.

They arrived at a rustic villa that had the best view of the Eiffel Tower. The moment they got inside, Luna and Sierra just could not stop shrieking with excitement.

"Well girls, Nora and I have to to be somewhere. You girls think you could manage on your own?"

"Definitely!" they both spoke in unison.

'I'll leave one of my bodyguards to accompany you. Nora and I should join you again tomorrow morning. We have a reservation in Le Fouquet's."

"Ohhh.." both of them were looking really excited.

"You guys don't mind us. We can take care of ourselves. You go and do whatever you have in mind and Sierra and I will be taking our sweet time touring around. It's going to be so much fun!" Luna was already pulling Sierra away from both of us as they get inside the next room they could get.

The villa was ecstatically huge enough for all of them. Keld made sure that everyone would have their own room including his two bodyguards who would be taking turns for the night shift.

She found the place really homey with its rustic appeal and with a balcony that directly looks out the perfect view of the Eiffel Tower.

This is her first trip out of the city where she used to walk aimlessly looking for her next meal.

Now, she's in this wonderful city and will soon get to see her old foster family. Truly, Keld has opened so many doors for her. Doors she didn't even know she'd get to have in her lifetime.

She came inside one of the rooms that were directly looking out the Eiffel Tower. She didn't even realize he was following her.

"She looks lovely doesn't she?"