Chapter 20 - BEAUTY BEHIND THE CHAOS

It's a Friday and a whole week has passed by. He's been thinking of all the things that has happened for the past few days and the progress of all his plans. Slowly, his office door opened and Terry came in. 

"How is she?"

"She's happy. She was really excited with your gift."

"That's good to know. Do you think she has seen the videos?"

"Right now, maybe. I think she has the same intelligence and curiosity that Kara has." 

His fingers played with his lips as he was thinking about the whole situation. 

"Then it's time for us to get to Phase 2."

Terry nodded. "Your ride is waiting for you by the way."

"Is everything set?"

"Yes. With your special request. La Bayadère."

Keld Nodded in satisfaction. 

"Would you like to join me?" he started to stand up and prepared his things.

"Not tonight Keld. I need to be somewhere." Terry stepped aside and opened the door for him. 

"I'm supposed to do that for you." referring to her actions. 

"It's after office hours. I can do whatever I want."

"That makes sense."

They both walked towards the main entrance of the building and faced each other as soon as Keld was right in front of his Limousine. 

"Can we try and find a more discreet ride for me? This one makes me vexatious."

Her eyebrows raised with the word he used. 

"I'll work on something for you tomorrow. For now, I think this is just fitting."

"I guess."

"And I hope you're not coming home with a ballerina tonight. All those girls get giddy when you visit them every Friday. It's causing me some conflicted feelings."

He suddenly laughed out loud. At that same moment, she smiled. It's been a long time since she's seen him laugh that loud. For the longest time that she's worked for him, she considers his smile precious. Like they're gems you need to dig deep from the ground and the moment you find it, you'd never want to give it away. 

"I don't think I'm going to come home with someone."

"I hope so. I mean, how long will you keep punishing yourself by going to that theater?"

He smirked. "It's a tribute Terry. Nevertheless, it keeps me alive and thinking of the many things we've seen in that theater. So I guess the answer is for as long as I am alive."

"Well, I hope you enjoy the show. And have a good night Keld."

"You too Terry. Tomorrow is going to be  new day."

She smiled as she started walking away from him. 

Keld got inside the limo and enjoyed the ride as he waited for the limousine to take a stop on in front of the theater. In a few minutes, the limousine pulled up in front of one of the most popular theater in New York. 

Outside, a bunch of people were standing, waiting in line hoping to get inside. 

"I apologize, but tonight's performance is for a private viewing only."

He overheard the booth attendant respond to one of those who were trying to get a ticket.

"What? You can't do that! No one can do that!"