Chapter 38 - WE'RE ALMOST AT THE END

Footsteps of about a hundred men started surrounding the Osmond mansion. An entire tactical team, wearing their black SWAT uniforms started to position themselves inside the entire property. The goal was to make sure no one slips out. 

The commanding officer has given his signal and had three more operatives move forward. 

Four of the SWAT members were now on the front door ready to get inside. 

As they kicked the door open, loud noise coming from a gunshot started to fill the air. 

*48 Hours Ago*

Keld was sitting inside the same theater he's been renting all to himself for a private performance of La Bayadère. About twenty minutes into the performance, the same mysterious person sat behind him. 

"Giselle. It's good to see you again."

Giselle smirked on her end of the seat. 

"You never give up on punishing yourself do you?"

"This is the last of memory. Whether anyone would believe me or not, I will keep it until my last breath."

"You have to move on at some point Keld."

"In time."

A short silence started to fill the air between them. 

"Well, what do you have for me?" he inquired with both his hands clasped below his chin. 

"I think we'll be able to proceed to our next step."

She could feel him smile. 

"When will I get to talk to them?" 

"Now, if you're ready."

"You don't waste time do you?"

"I don't waste my time when it comes to people like Victor. As soon as I get them hooked, I go for the kill as soon as I can."

"Well," Keld sigh as he stood up and fixed his tux, "I won't rain on your parade. Let's go then." 

As they walked towards her car, he recalled how he met Giselle. 

"Are you Keld?" she was stammering the moment he saw her. Her face looked pale and all he could see was how she was too nervous to talk to anyone. 

"Yes. Who are you?" 

"I'm... I'm Giselle. I knew Kara."

That was all it took for him to place the 'next counter' sign on his counter. 

The newest branch of their supermarket has just opened and it's been a year since he last saw Kara. About nine months since he received her suicide video. 

He accompanied her towards his small office just inside the customer service of their supermarket. 

"Would you like some tea? Or water? You look really pale."

"Just some water please."

He reached out into the water jug inside the office and handed her a glass of water. She took the glass and emptied it, looking like she was overly dehydrated. She handed him the glass back again. 

"Can I have more please?"

"Sure."

She asked for two more glasses and he noticed how her color changed. That was when her breathing relaxed and her face seemed calmer.