Chapter 17 - VICTOR

"How is this even possible?"

He rested his head as his eldest son, Levi was walking back and forth inside his office. Devon was nowhere to be found and his wife is on a drinking frenzy with her friends. His family has not been known to be very good at dealing with surprises and setbacks. 

His two sons perhaps are the best examples. Both are cocaine-craved  and often lash out when problems arise. 

Up until this time, they still have not chosen any way to settle themselves. They have not even thought of getting married and have kids. 

He is Chris Victor Osmond, a man strengthened by time and circumstance. He would not reach his current status if he didn't work harder for it. Harder than everyone could think of. 

"Stop whatever you're doing right now please!" he scowled as Levi decided to finally sit down in front of him.

The door to his office opened wide as his campaign came rushing in.

"Some good news please?"

"We'll you're going to be really happy about this."

"About what?" he leaned in readying himself for what she's about to tell him.

"You've been up the polls at 70%."

He was baffled. All throughout his entire campaign, he's been at the bottom of the rankings. Thanks to his nemesis who's been gaining his popularity because of his philanthropic acts.

While he on the other hand has been scrutinized for his previous failures as governor and even with his son's disgraceful acts.

This is the first time that his polls are up.

"What happened?"

"Well, she happened. Liam being stuck in prison did not really matter. Instead, her appearance became so popular that your name has been everywhere. People seem to really love scandals."

She dropped down a few papers in his table.

From the moment he saw her face, he could not believe his eyes.

Everything seemed surreal after he himself could very much confirm that she died 6 years ago in their own house's garage. Who is the woman who has now surfaced?

He leaned back in his chair.

"Let's have a party. I want you to invite her. I want to know who this woman is. I guess it's time."

"But Dad?" Levi started pacing again. "What if it's really Kara?"

"You know that's impossible right?" his campaign manager stared at Levi intently.

"She's dead son. The least that we could do now is to know who this woman is. Is she an allie or an enemy?"

"Isn't it obvious? She sent Liam to prison! She's clearly an enemy!" he was at the verge of shouting.

"Well, I'd still want to meet her. I'm curious. Amongst all, she might be someone we need to watch out for. I don't need any loose ends. While we're waiting for our sources to confirm who she really is, I want to take their bait. I want to know who's behind all of these."

"This is crazy Dad!"

"Not as crazy as you are son. But please. Just play along." he turned towards his campaign manager, "send out an invitation to her. A party celebrating her survival. Perhaps I could make use of her appearance. It wouldn't be such a bad thing."

His campaign manager started jotting down notes of his instructions.

"And can someone please, look for Devon. I need him now!"